Car Opinions

So after selling my Glanza im back in the SR. Still love it to bits, although after having quite a high spec Glanza, it is such a come-down speed wise! :p

My bro will be having the SR to learn to drive in november, soo im on the look out for another small, cheap to run, reasonable quick jap car.

I have been loooking at ignis sports, swift GTI's , all sorts of things

Can anyone think of any other cars which may fit the bill???

(And dont worrry, im not leaving the starlet world!...... will still be insured and use the SR whenever possible :p )

Cheers

Adam

My friend has a Yellow Ignis Sport with only a handful made. Its pretty quick for a 1.5 and is for sale too :p

Think you could send me some details? I might be interested if the price is right? :p

Leave the ignis sport out of your choices haha!! Your not a OAP! :p

How about... Another Glanza lol ?? Or a EG6 Civic ?

I know, my mum said it looked like a van............ but there is something about them I really like!

I cant afford another turbo at the minute, I am tempted by civics, but there are sooo many chavvy ones about. I guess if I found a nice one I wouldn't mind

cheers :p

^ with that...

you find me a "cheap to run reasonable quick jap car" ill eat it off your hand.

you want a bit of nippyness.. without doing anything look to spend some money..

Import ep3's are what about 240's

ek9's are 185's

glanza's & gts are 130s

pug gtis & sax vts are 125's

you can buy a mega cheap pug/saxo and no bother to run.. just isnt jap.

buy the new micra (literaly) i think its the SR version.. puts out 160bhp

evo engined colt,colt cyborg, super march,civic, gt,bike powered mini. how much do you have to play with?

Looked that them, but insurance would cost a bomb and they were more expensive than a GT or Glanza lol

^ with that...

you find me a "cheap to run reasonable quick jap car" ill eat it off your hand.

you want a bit of nippyness.. without doing anything look to spend some money..

Import ep3's are what about 240's

ek9's are 185's

glanza's & gts are 130s

pug gtis & sax vts are 125's

you can buy a mega cheap pug/saxo and no bother to run.. just isnt jap.

buy the new micra (literaly) i think its the SR version.. puts out 160bhp

I agree they are all cheap and quick. I would like a nice VTI civic , but insurance would still be steep :p

I have been tempted by a GTI or Ralllye, but after my last one im a bit put off my things falling off and always breaking! lol

Those aint cheap...

he said cheap to run and obviously if you have a heavy foot they are not, but saying that you cant have a cheap nippy jap car imo those three criteria dont work in the same sentance.if you havent got a lead foot then all of the above can be run quite cheaply with quite good power when you can afford to/want to. :p

he said cheap to run and obviously if you have a heavy foot they are not, but saying that you cant have a cheap nippy jap car imo those three criteria dont work in the same sentance.if you havent got a lead foot then all of the above can be run quite cheaply with quite good power when you can afford to/want to. :p

no offence pal but i think your deluded. NO EVO is cheap to run even with a light foot... just because its in a colt wont change that either... service's and so on.. also insurance would rip you clean.. if you cant manage glanza insurance you sure aint gona manage evo..

most bike powered minis can be put under kit car insurance which i find quite cheap for what you would get out of it.

do you relise what price motor bike engined mini's go for?? they start about 10k and go up.

the XE engine mini's are exspensive...

had an evo 2 around 6 months ago with a fair few mods and to be fair was not bad on fuel unless you planted it all the time, so i would not say deluded, you can pick up a near finished bike powered mini for around 6k which is why i asked how much he had to spend.as i said in my previous post cheap to run nippy jap cars dont really exist, but then that all depends on how you define nippy. :p

Leave the ignis sport out of your choices haha!! Your not a OAP! :p

How about... Another Glanza lol ?? Or a EG6 Civic ?

bit of a contridiction there :p

Id go for a Suzuki Swift GTi.

Or if you can find them: Daihatsui Cuore Avanzato or Suzuki Alto Works, the Alto has a Cappuccino engine under the bonnet.

How about a Cappuccion come to think of it??

I'd go for an EG but Honda insurance is on the expensive side, but anything with a B series would be pretty good.

But I think your best option would be a Starlet GT, they're cheaper to insure and buy than a Glanza, pretty much the same car, and you aren't really losing out on anything (apart from the looks of a Glanza).