My All Black 230bhp td04 Ep82

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE!

Ok chaps went to AFR yesterday for my VPRO fitted and mapped!

Firstly id like to take 2 minutes to explain what skilled professional and down to earth blokes were working on my car yesterday!

Firstly fitting my auto throttle body and TPS sensor was a guy name Tom, a good name to start off with :D he has also been in the tuning business for 9 years, when looking at my poor attempt to make a cold air feed pipe to the font of the car he said he would like a go at fabricating his own for me, obviously i said yes lol! the pipe made was a completely custom bit of aluminium pipe to the front grill of the car with my new filter allowing maximum air flow to the turbo. I have to say the workman ship was fantastic and it looks great!

Secondly Matt who has been trained by EFI university California and has also with no issue fitted a full MOTEC system to an aston martin n24 and mapped it with amazing results. He is the only person who i will ever let map my car. With me being a right prat i bought a complete vpro kit of a lad of the forum which had a cruise loom for an EP91 not EP82 how daft i felt as it was clearly sated it was for an EP91, anyway Matt said that it was not a problem and that he would be able to adapt it for my car which only took him an hour!!

When finished with the loom it was on to the mapping, During the part throttle mapping i was talking to john ( Matts partner who also likes building 1000+ horsepower Supras ) when i heard my car make some awesome pops and bangs on an over run, as i looked over to Matt he was already looking over waiting for my response with a grin ( he had mapped it in to do it ) With a an 2 hours on the dyno Matt had got the car to 193 bhp torque was 210 on a safe map, The reason for the lowish figure was down to my stock pressure regulator and injectors. The car pulls like a train on the road but i need to see that 200bhp mark, so have ordered some 330cc injectors and a RRFPR.

The other team member that was not mentioned in the above is Simon. Simon worked at Abbey Motorsport for 9 years building some of the highest power skylines in europe. He gets flown all over the country for him to work on the top competition cars, there is nothing he doesn't know about skylines.

Stage 1 results:

193 bhp

210 Torque

full boost 3800

Stage 2 results:

Mid december.

I would recommend anyone who wants anything doing to there car and doesn't want to do it themselves use this company, you will not be disappointed

Cheers

Tom

Fairplay nice little right up mate, sounds like your over the moon!!!

So you should be thats a fairly good result, torque is impressive!! What boost you running?

And full boost by 3800rpm how??? :D haha

Wicked car :)

I am over the moon mate! Just got the graph out and think I've just had a pleasant surprise! It says 193 in the top corner but on the graph where it says flywheel horsepower on the axis it's measuring 230? I'll post it up and see what you all think?

No mate a bar! :D thinking about it, it all adds up because I've never heared of a starlet making more torque than power on a td04? If so will just get the reg and not bother with injectors! Makes sense even more because they had a supra in that was dynoed at a dyno that is known as accurate making 620 then On there's it made 565! Think I might be on to a winner hear!

Had a tinkle with a focus rs and left it mate! Its great, it's strong all the way through! Doesn't get traction in 1st second spins then 3rd it fucks off lol i don't know how it's making boost early mate! Matt said it was 3800 - 3900 but on the graph if I'm really honest it looks like almost 4! But on the road my mate said in the passenger seat look at the rev counter and it was 3800! To be honest mate I dont really care its awsome for a 1.3! Think people forget that! would of been happy with just 200! So really happy! Just proves management is the key as that's a really safe map! How far you from portsmouth sparky?

Its not definite yet mate, there is a local engine for sale too just waiting for him to get back to me but he said someone wanted him to deliver it on the weekend so if that has definitley sold I'll be coming to get the one in Dorset if its still for sale :D

Cheers lewis, didnt ask them if it would do the 300bhp figure! another 70 bhp from .5 more efficient boosting is asking a bit much i think! but with some cams id say its deffo possible! i should hopefully have her forged by feb so if you can wait that long i can always let ya know as thats my nxt goal! ( 300bhp ) The Race Tech kit is the best TD04 turbo kit you can get im sure! you will not beat the quality, and it holds boost fantastically! boost Controller was set to 1 bar and on an open loop setting ( meaning it was not correcting boost ) and the boost line was smooth and constant! no creep or fluctuation at all! my turbo is slightly fettled though so would suggest you find your own turbo off ebay ( where i got mine ) and send it off to make it a hybrid! plus vband is so much easier!

No mate that's the td04 kit from race tech lol! Was thinking about trying the 300 kit out not but not sure yet! Ricky has informed me that the turbo that comes with the 300 kit will flow 35lbs which is the same as the gt2860rs and I've seen them push a 4e to 347bhp so can't see 300 being a problem!

Stulet-gtt: thanks mate has taken up most of my time for the last 6 months! Blood sweat and tears also, but it was defo worth it B)

Cheers

Tom

Afternoon all!!

Thought i would let you all know what I've been upto this weekend in my spare time!

One of my mates who has who is a car detailer fell in love with the car when i took him out and offered a free detail as he said my cleaning skills were lacking and and nearly none existant! A bit harsh i thought lol!

Anyways In 2 days we attacked the wheel archers, engine bay, interior and the outside of course :) anyway hear are some pics

SAM_2982cc.jpg

SAM_2983cc.jpg

SAM_2984cc.jpg

SAM_2985cc.jpg

SAM_2986cc.jpg

SAM_2987cc.jpg

SAM_2988cc.jpg

SAM_2989cc.jpg

SAM_2990cc.jpg

SAM_2991cc.jpg

SAM_2992cc.jpg

SAM_2993cc.jpg