My All Black 230bhp td04 Ep82

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers for the comments chaps!

sparky - 15 months? shit mate thats a hell of a long time! and yh TMD covers are the bollocks mate!! dave has sorted me out with most of my parts he's a real credit to the starlet scene!

TheStarletGT - cant wait to see what it makes myself mate! will be happy with 200 atf!

Starlet-Matt - i completely agree mate! i knew i wanted these wheels before i even got the car lol

Posting update in the next hour :)

UPDATE!! :p

Ok guys as you know I've bin collecting bits for a while now and i decided to take the weekend off and make some progress :p

Started saterday with the the following

Gizzmo boost controller ( not Plumbed in )

Walbro fuel pump

TRD Leads

Rotor arm

Dizzy cap

TMD race spec rocker cover and oil catch tank.

Everything fitted great! but i have now developed a cold start issue :) car misfires and splutters when cold! nearly impossible to set off! but once warm runs absolutely fine! if anyone knows what this could be due to please let me know

Anyway i decided to not let this faze me so turbo fitting time hear we come :p

Pics:

60465840.jpg

0856c7d5.jpg

Fiddled TD04L not standard spec

416b9641.jpg

161fb0ac.jpg

d011400d.jpg

9f45532d.jpg

cbd53018.jpg

Now i know pics do some justice but not nearly as much as videos do :) so thought i would share the start up with you all ( i hope this works lol )

th_IMG_0461.jpg

th_IMG_0462.jpg

Thats it for now chaps! Ringing afr tuning tomorrow to book her in just need to sort this cold start out in the mean time!

Cheers

Tom

never bin a student mate so wouldn't know nut ill take your word for it lol

Getting it mapped at a bar then will be turning it down to .7 till i get it forged! will occasionally stretch it legs on 1 bar but not to often!

200 atw isn't imposible i spose but i think 190 is about as far as people get with running a bar?

have you any ideas on the cold start issue mate?

Cheers

Tom

Trust :) lol

Fair enough mate!! Usually 1 bar see's around 210-220atf, im going to be running 1.2bar maybe 1.4 on a stock engine, wish me luck :)

Not a clue im afraid mate :p im sure it isnt something major though just a sensor or something, just go through eveything you have played with when fitting that lot maybe you unplugged something??

Yeah thought i might have done but cant find any thats need to be plugged in! Have all ready gone back and removed and refitted the fuel pump with no change, wouldnt of thought it would be the ingnition as it would be intermitent and happeing all the time but its not! just when its cold. which sensors should i check? inlet temp? coolant temp?

Cheers

Tom

bigger comp wheel machined housing and 360 bearing! apaprently good for 300 bhp! bit sceptical if im honest but we shall see! just wanted something with a bit more kick to it thank just a standard td04.

bigger comp wheel machined housing and 360 bearing! apaprently good for 300 bhp! bit sceptical if im honest but we shall see! just wanted something with a bit more kick to it thank just a standard td04.

comp played up and for some reason put the same thing 3 times lol

Have the old leads sum where will try them out, not changed the plugs yet as i didnt want to ruin a set of plugs as its not set up yet, do you really think it would be ignition when its on when its cold? did a fault diagnostic and no faults are on the car?? so confused!!

Cheers

Tom

Could be a lot mate. defo not the fuel pump, you running a fuel pressure reg? Stock injectors? check all the plugs are ok, if not give them a clean or put new ones in, try your old leads in it and give it a run, im guessing its ignition, could be the fuel filter because your supposed to change the filter when you change to the 255 pump :) let me know the outcome

its on stock regulator injectors, will try what you said with the plugs and leads! I have a fuel filter but i could not for the life of me get the f*****g thing off!! need some long reach spanners for a bit more purchase!

YH cant wait buddy :p

I cleaned all the conectors to all the sensors as they were a bit grubby! and waited her to cool down for a cold start and she was fine fired straight away and didnt miss once! :D

Shame your a bit far away mate could of come down for the mapping at afr!