Was low on oil which i did not realise and with my with me driving like a complete nob end the other day ive broke it :lol:

Sounds like i need new cams???

Any advice?

only happens after 3k rpm so my dad said it might be the ignition.

Going to change all spark plugs, leads, dizzy cap and rotor arm tomorrow just incase, aswell as a good service.

My guess would be spun bearings. Possibly need new/rebuilt crank shaft and connectors which means removing the pistons. I would recommend getting a JDM engine. Lower mileage engine from japan would probably be your best bet. By the way, which ever way you go< get a new oil pump. If you are doing the work yourself, make sure you prime it before installing.

Let me know what you need as I may be able to source second hand bits in a few weeks :lol:
Edited by benjie

low oil and driving hard, sounds very much like a spun bearing situation, as stated before it's a minimum if checking the crank bearing to see if it's ben scored (probably will have been which means regrind/swapped crank and the offending con rod too). no amount of service will make that go away unfortunately, do not drive it anywhere or run the engine. it will only make it worse. the earlier you strip it down and check the more of the engine can be saved.

I was in the same situation 4 years ago - didn't check the oil, oil light came on and had to drive 300mi; destroyed a couple of bearings, piston oil control rings seized and so on.

Good luck finding a 5E-FHE (from a Cynos at least), and when you do, they either command a stupid premium, or are reasonable but never hang around.

Beyond Layman's

A lot is different - however, if you swap the sensors from your block onto the Sera block (so, knock, oil pressure, thermostat housing, intake manifold sensors), you should be fine

Or at least that's what I would figure

don't bother swapping it, there is a guy in ireland selling a 5EFHE ecu i was going ot buy it but you need it more. the HE roughly stands for higher compression. the engine is about 15 bhp more powerful with the correct bobbins (ecu etc) and hes a much higher redline too.

does it need new wiring or is it just plug into the new ecu with the engine in?

Thanks for all the help guys its highly appreciated :lol:

I Do, Take Thee, Toyota Paseo, I Promise To Love, Comfort, Honour And Protect You And Be Faithful To You As Long As We Both Shall Live