Right, getting a few things sorted for mot and just to tidy it up a bit.

first up, Brakes - need new discs and pads, but not sure what to go for, will just be purely for road, but still not sure what to go for, either grooved etc or just oem replacements.

was thinking this combo - EBC discs and EBC Pads (can also get camskills own instead for nearly £50 less)

or, grooved and dimpled discs but not sure what pads, any thoughts?

also, my clock keeps going out, i know its just a loose connection but is that a dash out job? or can i just pop out the clock?

and....finally, bulbs for the dash (speedo, rev, temp gauge etc) the temp gauge light has gone out and a speedo one keeps going out too, so where can i get new bulbs? ive heard of led replacement kits, but where can i get these?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

cheers mate. im dying for 15s but i dont know if i could bring myself to sell the works.

car passed its mot yesterday :rolleyes:. tracking needs done soon though, advisories on the front tyres as the inside edge is worn.

Another thing, i bought brake discs from camskill, for glanza 96+ but it was the wrong fitment for mine, the discs are held on by a bolt in the centre of the disc at the end of the driveshaft (on mine). i phoned camskill and it seems like thats a rarity for starlets?

anyone else know anything about this?

• 11 months later...

been a while since i've updated this, nothings changed for a while, although this arrived today :D

l8o5l.jpg Buddyclub Spec II

1zwysd1.jpg

got it fitted earlier this afternoon :D sounds awesome.

took a few videos of it so will try and get them posted up later if they're any good (they're on a mates phone).

Hopefully it'll be decat, manifold and wheels next.

no i bought it like that, its second hand, got it from a guy on TGTT. tbh i didnt realise the flexi wasnt standard on them!

part of me wondered if it was a rep tbh, as theres no markings that show its a buddy club, but ive read that the early ones didnt have any plates or anything to show on them. but it sounds awesome, fitted pretty well too despite what ive heard, was on no problem, only thing was the bit that the rear mount went into is a bit too big.

It could indeed be a rep dude, mine was the first one ever produced and mine has a stamp on it?

Does it hold together with springs or clamps thats a good way of telling a genuine one.

Edited by Liam_D
  • 4 weeks later...