As said, we have a wide range of traders here to provide you with a better service and product than you would recieve from an ebay special. I believe there was someone here who had bought one prviously and it was blowing in 3 places? Could be wrong but yeah, not amazing products from eBay.

Save up and buy yourself a high end product and it will last longer than "oh not enough money so will buy the cheapie". Cheapies die quicker = spending money again, and again, and again.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah ive been looking about and ill probably end up going for zisco and race tech stuff, looks really good quality and its pretty highly rated on here and tgtt.

one thing im kind of stuggling to find though is decent fmic kits, although ive not been looking too much yet as i want to get handling and exhaust done first.

• 1 month later...

whats the correct oil for the starlets? is it 5w-30? will i be ok with putting some 10w-40 in for a while?

it's needing serviced, but not got the time atm, so just gonna top up the oil a bit till then.

just been paid too, and im absolutely dying to get bits for the starlet, de-cat and manifold are right at the top of my list, but they're expensive. is there any point fitting a decat alone then waiting a while to get the manifold? or is fitting both better?

cool. sounds like saving and getting both is the better idea then :)

its still on the service from when i got it this summer so ill just put a small bit of 10-40 (as thats what ive got sitting in the garage) till i can get it serviced in a week or so.

• 1 month later...

Little question.

because ive got rid of the standard dump valve, i had to make a blank plate for the efi pipe, which is just a bit of metal bolted over the hole. But the new dump valve is rubbing on it which is wearing away the metal on valve and plate.

Is there any proper blanking plates for the pipe? or are they all custom made?

Presuming your EFi pipe your on about is the one that sorta runs parallel with the cam cover just above the exhaust mani?

If so then only way round that is to get a front mount kit, makes sense :lol:

yep its that bit indeed. id love a front mount, but serious lack of funds prevents that happening for a long time, its more of a temp measure till i can get a fmic.

would i just be better trying to put something on the metal edge to stop them rubbing away?

• 2 weeks later...

Little update on things.

Was wanting to get on with modding now that xmas has passed. But.....insurance first.

Renewal came through yesterday, £800 more than last year so its gone up to £1500. So phoning up the insurance tomorrow to see wtf they're playing at as nothing has changed apart from another years no claims.

So will be phoning any company i can think of for quotes.

Will hopefully get it washed and new sticker on this week too :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

and now the tailpipe has come off the backbox. so its new exhaust time. which seeing as i cant afford one, my parents are going to loan me it for a wee while. i'd kill for a spec 2 but thats seeming impossible atm without either waiting months and getting from rhdjapan or travelling all the way down south to get it fitted.

so, looking at other exhausts, blitz nur spec is a bit expensive though.

whats the jperformance stainless ones like if anyone knows? i want one with quite a decent sound.

rightttt. having an absolutely shitey week and now had a small bump with a wall, so need paint for the bumper.

i know my paint code is 205, will i get this from toyota? as halfords dont seem to stock it.

no, touch up kit should cover most of it i hope. im planning on getting a front splitter in the near future, so will see how much extra itd be to sort the scratches when getting splitter painted.

Ye tbh dude i'd just try and live with the scratches on the bumper and then get it into a bodyshop as soon as you have the money. You won't get a good finish with a touch up pen unfortunately :|

Really nice car though dude, got to love black 98 specs! :)

cheers, yea id def be keeping them even if i got a new set, but i still love the ones on it.

quick question. looking at exhausts, whats a better one to go for, japspeed or jperformance? or are they both pretty much the same?

• 2 weeks later...

got the jperformance and its fitted now, its fecking huge compared to the old one. only thing that concerns me about it is that it seems to be pretty low down by the front end of the car, its scraped on one or two bigger speed bumps.