rocker cover pictures please

hi guys,

picked up a rocker cover up from the scrapyard today...

just wanted some ideas really..

was thinking of either smoothing all the lines and then Mirror Polish or gunmetal grey...

what do you guys think?

IMG_3145-1.jpg

pic of my engine bay..

ishaq

mirror shine would look great

this is what i got.... painted in body colour, toyota sanded to bare metal and the whole thing coated in laquer

P160610_20230003.jpg

i know its a different rocker to yours, but you have more raised detail to bring out than me!!!!!!!

what colour would look nice in my bay?

with your car being grey (a very nice shade of grey that i like muchly) you cant really do the body coloured thing..... so that leaves you with the option of polished, custom airbrushed job..... or you could choose a colur that complements grey (anything)

that means you could do a blue rocker and some blue accesories like oil catch can, rad cap etc etc..... personally i like the blue rocker and red leads look (but thats coming from a guy that did it on his car!!!!!!)

although really if its a spare rocker it does not matter how long it takes to do...... buy a couple of rattle cans in some nice colours, spray it up one colour see if it looks right if not try another colour.... you will find a scheme that works for you very quickly!!

@ asad : i know what you mean bro everyone has their own design... just wanted ideas really..

@ amjad : yeah thats in the almera turbo... I've beeen thinkin of flake... but it would only look best with certain colours...

thanks mate... will try and see what i can do...

or like this?

DSC01624.jpg

no probs mate am allways happy to help where i can..... really i think black and gunmetal are quite dull for an engine bay, thats just me though

any colour complements the colour of your car really.... white would look good, that flake is sexual, and even pink could look quite nice.... whatever you do it does not have to cost a large amount of money if you dont want it to, many of these designs can be acheived at home with a rattle can and some masking tape, just do what you think will look nice on your car, and what you want!!!!!

hi mate

looks well smart.

i'd get a tub of metal polish, i have some good stuff and will get the name for you.

give it an extra polish with that, and keep doing it every so often or get a whole load of laquer on it after a couple of cleans with the polish.

james