Laser vision correction

Has anyone on here had it done ??

Just got mine done at ultralase! It's horrible. Eye's are stinging like hell now.

yeah my mom had it ages ago the stinging goes away in a day or two and they will be sensitive for abit it should blow over though

I had it done 5yrs ago now! I had very little discomfort, it just felt like my eyes were a bit gritty for bout 2hrs then nothing since highly recommend it

I had it done at Moorfields Eye Hospital

Oh right, My mate had the Lasik treatment and he had very little discomfort, he said it just felt like a little pressure ache on his eye's, But mine are actually stinging pretty bad at the moment, he said it all went perfectly though so must just be normal thing for this type of treatment,

Results already are awesome!

how much did it set you back if you dont mind me asking

Originally it was going to be £2k for both eyes but i couldn't have Lasik as my prescription is borderline for that treatment, so had to have Lasek which is £700 more unfortunately,

I know alot of people say it's really expensive but when you think it's going to be for the rest of your life i think it's more then reasonable

They never said that to me,

All the said is when you get around your late 40's to early 50's you may need another procedure that acts as a reading glasses prescription

I want it done. Need funds.

They do monthly interest free finance for it mate

Well he said to me its permanent, the only thing is that when you get older your short vision starts to become worse it does even with people that have naturally good eye sight but he said your long vision shouldn't be affected

And with ultra lase they give live time guarantee so if your eye sights get worse you can get and get the treatment done again free of charge

Heard it lasts around 10years, I want it done too but fuk that if something goes wrong it's your eyes not the guy who's doing it can ruin your life if any complications occur just read some of the horror storys on the net

I used to work in an opticians, and have some experience in a Laser Surgery Clinic.

The effects are permenant, but the results of the proceedure depend on how much you pay. The cheapest treatments may result in you seeing some floaters/stars in your vision sometimes, but obviously the more you pay the better the results and crisper the vision.

When you hit your 40s/50s, you tend to lose the elasticity in the crystalline lens of your eye, meaning it's more difficult to focus on near objects, so you will need reading glasses regardless!

I reckon it definitely works out over the years, if you have to keep buying glasses and contacts lenses, and then there's no hassle with this either! I'm gonna get it done one day

Were you surprised by how little time it took? :wub:

Does smell weird though when they run the laser doesn't it? :huh:

thought about having this done also but im not long or short seighted i have a lazy eye, my left eye goes slightly towards my nose causing blury vison and i dont think they can cure that, also i have been wearing glasses since i was 6 and with out them i feel naked and i look like a gimp with out them :huh:

Were you surprised by how little time it took? :huh:

Does smell weird though when they run the laser doesn't it? :wub:

I was too longer to set the machine up, n yes it does I thought smells like burning hair...no wait its my eye lol

Were you surprised by how little time it took? :p

Does smell weird though when they run the laser doesn't it? :huh:

I took 8 parts done on my right eye and 4 parts on my left eye.. But i kept moving my eye a few times so kept wasting time haha.. I'm glad the laser automatically cuts out if you move your eye to far out of position otherwise I'd be abit screwed haha

Yeah the burning smell was abit wierd.. I was like huh :wub: is this normal haha

I've considered it so many times, still doing so. My friend had it done and she still has some discomfort 8 months on, but she said the results are incredible. It can take up to a year. As long as you take the eye drops and go to the after care appointments then you should be ok!