What bulbs are you using?

I can recommend the Phillips X-Treme Power bulbs, use them in my Starlet. Only problem is that the EP91 headlights seem to cut off how far the beam goes, which is a wanker tbh, as it just doesn't extend far enough for my liking. But the bulbs definately are brighter than the old ones, and whiter. I think the adjustment on my headlights are nacked anyway, as nothing happens if I use the adjustment dial in the cabin.

the ebay link david posted?? those ones man?? whats your opinion of the whiteness/colour of them dude?? are they a smart looking bulb/light?

Phil.

Pretty sure that's them as the Philips I got claimed to be 80% brighter than normal. They have lasted nearly 2 years, so for H4 bulbs on D2 coilovers, that's really good! They are much whiter than your normal H4 bulb, but they aren't HID white, just to note as people are saying they are white - but not white as white white. They are smart looking and people in my car always comment how bright they are for H4's

They are H4 80% brighter 12V 60/55W

h4bulbs.jpg

I brought some HID replica bulbs which were just standard H4's with HID plastered all over the packaging needless to say they cost me about £15 n were crap...

I used to have a wikid set in mine but one of them blew so needed a new set

The wikid one i took out was a 'H4 12V 100/90W' with the lens dyed blue and im pretty sure they were xenon bulbs to.

So if u chuck the bit in brakets in on egay it brings up a nice list price range from £4 up to £15

The ones I had were awesome and give out a nice ice blue/white beam and are bright as hell :)

Think I'm gna order myself a set now ;)

Nahh they arent always illegal. If your lenses are clear then they arent. But if you have old style glass with the lines etched inside them they arent road legal

Unless the manafacture puts them in, like in new mercs, audi's...etc its always Illegal!

Even if you have projector lenses and your car didn't come with HID's as standard its illegal

Brought a pair of like £8 ones but they've not come thru yet.

So when they do il put um in give um the once over n make sure there sexy, then link u up mate as dont want u wasting your money :)

98% of retro fitted HIDs are ILLEGAL.......fullstop i spend alot of time on the motorway and drivers who have them fitted have to point the beam right down = really poor long range visibility they cant see shit just a waste of money imo look nice but utterly useless id go as far as saying id be against people selling them on here if i had my way.....meh not my place to say

i got some bosch pure lights from halfords £12 odd (which? magazine voted them the best) totally transformed night driving for me as with nick i find the beam doesnt reach as far as id like it too....abit more and it would be perfect