BIG thanks to Stulet-GTT

Just a quick post to say a HUGE thanks to Stulet-GTT :lol:

He has really helped me out. I had a problem with my wiring and everything pointed to the ECU being dodgy, problem was i needed someone to test fit it for me and he kindly offered to do just that. After sending him my ECU he has test fitted it and confirmed that it is shagged! Great news as now i know exactly what is wrong and can move on with the build!

I could not do the Demon project without people like this and this site just has so many awsome members that are willing to help others out like this!

Jason :)

ECU failure seems a bit weird but glad you got it sorted, Nice one Stulet :lol:

Yes i know. For some reason the ECU is not powering the fuel pump at all :) Don't matter anyway, i know whats wrong and i can move on with the build now ;)

Must say ecu failer is somink i an't heard of befor...

But i went out yesturday started the car fine went into town, when i came back i unpluged my ecu an pluged j's in an it would fire up ok but after a second or 2 would jus die an i tryed it a few time's, pluged mine back in an it fired up ok...

Standered ecu's are pretty cheap now an planty floating around...

Must say ecu failer is somink i an't heard of befor...

But i went out yesturday started the car fine went into town, when i came back i unpluged my ecu an pluged j's in an it would fire up ok but after a second or 2 would jus die an i tryed it a few time's, pluged mine back in an it fired up ok...

Standered ecu's are pretty cheap now an planty floating around...

I have never heard of a ECU going but it looks like they can go! I did wonder if you had used your car before trying my ECU. I believe there is a problem with the power to the fuel pump part of the ECU! In the Demon it wouldn't even power up my fuel pump. Im guessing as you had just driven yours there was fuel still in the system. So when you tried my ECU it was not powering your fuel pump, it used the fuel that was left in the system and then died after it had run out.

I could have had the fuel pump on a seperate switch on the dash and bypast the ECU but if i was in a crash and was knocked out the fuel pump would continue to pump fuel which could be really bad! Obviously if its going through the ECU then the ECU will cut the fuel supply if it detects a crash/something wrong.

Jason :lol: