Hehe some of the opinoins on nitrous is funny to read.

My Gt runs 150shot plus 2 bar of boost and we're upping the gas to 2 stage system which will total up to a 200shot and upping to boost to 2.5bar.

The gas is very misunderstood and given a bad name by those who don't set it up correctly.

My Gt runs 150shot plus 2 bar of boost and we're upping the gas to 2 stage system which will total up to a 200shot and upping to boost to 2.5bar.

The gas is very misunderstood and given a bad name by those who don't set it up correctly.

:( that sounds fun if u want ill test run it for you. you no to save u the hassle :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: that sounds fun if u want ill test run it for you. you no to save u the hassle :(

Lol :p I'll kepp ya in mind haha.

With nitrous a 100shot doesn't mean 100hp, it means a 1mm hole in the jet, 50shot- 0.5mm hole, roughly you get half the horse power from the shot of gas.

Both turbo and Nos have their disadvantages, I'd be more biased to the turbo side as i've been down the boost root before, never touched NOS as i've seen it in poor setups and ended up killing engines, though progressive controllers do make a better job. But it begs to ask the question, why bother with NOS when a typical turbocharged engine is cheaper to run and operate, it's been designed and manufactured to use that turbo efficiently and safely, and its always there when you need it, unlike NOS which has to be refilled, setup, used with caution, and only gives periodic power increases.

Day

Both turbo and Nos have their disadvantages, I'd be more biased to the turbo side as i've been down the boost root before, never touched NOS as i've seen it in poor setups and ended up killing engines, though progressive controllers do make a better job. But it begs to ask the question, why bother with NOS when a typical turbocharged engine is cheaper to run and operate, it's been designed and manufactured to use that turbo efficiently and safely, and its always there when you need it, unlike NOS which has to be refilled, setup, used with caution, and only gives periodic power increases.

Day

Some good questions asked there.

For me I only use the gas when racing, Nitrous plus boost is a great combination, you can use the nitrous to spool very very large turbos, bringing in boost 2000-2500rpm earlier which is great on the 1/4mile, also when changing gears you have instant response for similare reasons as my first point.

The cooling effect of the gas (-120c when in enters the inlet) cools down a high boost charge even further.

If you don't want a ton of lag associated with large turbos but still want more power, then you can use gas to further increase the cars power. I've seen 250hp CT9 setups at 1bar, no cams or headwork. TD04s could see 330-350hp and then obviously larger turbos even more.

Some good questions asked there.

For me I only use the gas when racing, Nitrous plus boost is a great combination, you can use the nitrous to spool very very large turbos, bringing in boost 2000-2500rpm earlier which is great on the 1/4mile, also when changing gears you have instant response for similare reasons as my first point.

The cooling effect of the gas (-120c when in enters the inlet) cools down a high boost charge even further.

If you don't want a ton of lag associated with large turbos but still want more power, then you can use gas to further increase the cars power. I've seen 250hp CT9 setups at 1bar, no cams or headwork. TD04s could see 330-350hp and then obviously larger turbos even more.

Which is fair enough, never had anything to do with NOS, just for the reason that its something else to go wrong lol. Understandably its good for increasin spool up times, but engines like the 4efte are pretty responsive enough, you start trying to increase things too much and parts start to bend and break lol. Would be interesting to drive a car equipped with NOS though just for curiousity reasons. And as for the cooling side, i've always stuck to water/methanol injection as a way of combatting overheating/detonation issues, its also gave a little extra power, albeit not as much as NOS would. NOS on something like a CT9/TD04 setup would definitely need to be forged as you've got to take into account fatigue. Then theres getting the engine to spin up faster, you've got balancing issues to deal with lol. But every engine is different in its build qualities and how it copes with certain mods.

Day

Your definatly going to need forged parts or have the nitrous limited to only kick in after 4000rpm, the amount of torque generated is going to reshape skinny rods for sure :thumbsup:

The 4efte or 5e is a very strong engine, but if its not built with the correct parts to take what ya wanna throw at it then it wont.

Been in quite a few Type Rs with the gas, they work really well on it.

Edit: Are you in England or Ireland? If your from Ireland I'll take ya for a run sometime.

Your definatly going to need forged parts or have the nitrous limited to only kick in after 4000rpm, the amount of torque generated is going to reshape skinny rods for sure :thumbsup:

The 4efte or 5e is a very strong engine, but if its not built with the correct parts to take what ya wanna throw at it then it wont.

Been in quite a few Type Rs with the gas, they work really well on it.

Edit: Are you in England or Ireland? If your from Ireland I'll take ya for a run sometime.

Lol, seen it happen before, a friend bought a diy kit once, it actually snapped the rod lol. I was in stitches whilst stripping the engine. It is a good strong engine as standard, even better if its been looked after too. I always like to go just that little bit more just as a precaution. Whenever i've built my engines in the past i've always used the best parts available without going overboard. Its nice to know you've got an engine thats at a happy medium between reliability and performance. I mean yeah, you could go running a TD04 at 1.3bar and have a whale of a time, but you wouldnt fancy trying to keep that engine running with the extra stresses.

Never really seen much of Hondas with NOS, again more the turbo route lol. Hondas are bulletproof anyway, theres a guy round here running 450+ bhp on a standard internal b18c4, and it loves it lol.

And i'm in england matey, do fancy a trip to ireland sometime so I might give you a shout lol

Day

Aye if your ever over, especially on a race day I'll take u up the strip for a run, as far as I know they're allowing passengers this year, which prob means I'm going to have a que of people looking in lol.

Should be, really wanna visit the Giants causeway lol. I assume its a glanza or GT you're running?

Damien

Should be, really wanna visit the Giants causeway lol. I assume its a glanza or GT you're running?

Damien

A wee GT, doesn't look like much lol, here's last years dyno, there's a different turbo going on for the start of the season in March, chasing 500hp this year.

The lower figures are without nitrous, upper with the gas.

Dyno_NosNo_Nos.jpg

DLaunch.jpg

A wee GT, doesn't look like much lol, here's last years dyno, there's a different turbo going on for the start of the season in March, chasing 500hp this year.

The lower figures are without nitrous, upper with the gas.

Lol, thats mad!, I thought 309 in my old corsa was enough lol! Bet it doesnt half give you a buzz when driving, whats your spec if you dont mind me asking?

Day

Lol, thats mad!, I thought 309 in my old corsa was enough lol! Bet it doesnt half give you a buzz when driving, whats your spec if you dont mind me asking?

Day

It's stupid fast but I only pooter around in it on the roads, death trap really if I'm honest but on the Drag strip its a whole different matter :thumbsup:

thatmost authors of books about nitrous oxide injection normally fill up the first chapters telling u how how nitrous oxide was first used in air craft flying at high altitudes, but since we not doing that thn lets talk cars.

No matter wat tunnig modds you use to enhance engine power, it's essential, for optimum results, to make sure that your components are adequate for the job, and aviod getting to greedy with the power increase. if sensible power increases are added to an engine in good condition, there is no great risk of engine failure. nos also applies. The truth is that nitrous injection, used correctly can actually reduce the stress on key engine components and yet still improve performanc.

the only reason nos will damage a engine is if the wrong system choise is made, the system is fitted incorectly, the engine or coponent has a weakness in design or damaged and weakend whilst in use, solenoid leakage, system activation under ineppropriate conditions like wen engine under load like 1000rpm in fifth, nos can be used from standing start in first and go all the way every gear. its boiling piont is -129 degrees F, so yes this comes in handy to help cool air charge and improved cylinder thermal efficecy. it is legal in the uk to use on the road, thw you do have to tell your incurence company or u will be running ilegal. it does not harm the cat as its just exess fuel that realy reduces cat life, and if the system is set up right thn this will not happen, and nos does not increase engine wear in fact it helps rudce component wear. thr are to many benifts to nos i want it bad.

It's stupid fast but I only pooter around in it on the roads, death trap really if I'm honest but on the Drag strip its a whole different matter :thumbsup:

Lol, I used to be the same with the corsa, only dared open it up on carriageways etc, most of the time the turbo barely spooled up, only on the odd occasion where the weather was right and roads clear would it get to stretch its legs.

Day

thatmost authors of books about nitrous oxide injection normally fill up the first chapters telling u how how nitrous oxide was first used in air craft flying at high altitudes, but since we not doing that thn lets talk cars.

No matter wat tunnig modds you use to enhance engine power, it's essential, for optimum results, to make sure that your components are adequate for the job, and aviod getting to greedy with the power increase. if sensible power increases are added to an engine in good condition, there is no great risk of engine failure. nos also applies. The truth is that nitrous injection, used correctly can actually reduce the stress on key engine components and yet still improve performanc.

the only reason nos will damage a engine is if the wrong system choise is made, the system is fitted incorectly, the engine or coponent has a weakness in design or damaged and weakend whilst in use, solenoid leakage, system activation under ineppropriate conditions like wen engine under load like 1000rpm in fifth, nos can be used from standing start in first and go all the way every gear. its boiling piont is -129 degrees F, so yes this comes in handy to help cool air charge and improved cylinder thermal efficecy. it is legal in the uk to use on the road, thw you do have to tell your incurence company or u will be running ilegal. it does not harm the cat as its just exess fuel that realy reduces cat life, and if the system is set up right thn this will not happen, and nos does not increase engine wear in fact it helps rudce component wear. thr are to many benifts to nos i want it bad.

NOS is only legal in the sense that it is fitted but not armed. Its purely for track/off road use. Its a must that all mods are declared, regardless of how little they are. NOS like most things, is best served in moderation.

Day

i have bin thw the ministry of transport, the highway code, and the mot handbook, and can find no law prohibiting the use of nitrous injection. thw tr is a degree of confusion over the need to have a hazard warning sticker on the out side of the car.

chris

thw that was over 12 month ago.

One word sums up my feeling on that ^^^^^^^^^ SPUUUUUUUUNK :) any videos of her in action mate seems like a right beast

i have bin thw the ministry of transport, the highway code, and the mot handbook, and can find no law prohibiting the use of nitrous injection. thw tr is a degree of confusion over the need to have a hazard warning sticker on the out side of the car.

chris

thw that was over 12 month ago.

Amazes me just how much you know about engines lol im sure your internally combusted :lol:

Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems? (KERS)... not sure of any other meanings right now off the top of my head. what the F1 where using when breaking, so basically regenative breaking.

completely NOS unrelated :lol: but ube complex.

personality on a daily i wouldn't use NOS i would use a petrol meth mix say 20%meth to a full tank of petrol... could even use more meth as long as you get it mapped properly. similar properties... cooler combustion temperatures and increased power :)

wat system you gone for the electric or flywheel type. pefer the flywheel less trick elctical, and saves on wight.

yep if you do a fuel mix with meth or ethonal helps octane. can also use LPG for this. but will not reduce temps like NOZ does.

and sorry ste will empty it.