Well yesterday i was sat down the sea front.. where all the people in there saxo's sit and blaze there tune's!

Well anyway one of the people down there was trying to explain to me how NOS is better for your engine then a Turbo.. I wasn't having any of it and just drove off haha!

Just thought you would all be interested to know that instead of going TD04 or bigger you should just get an N/A and put some NOS on it!! As it's more reliable :lol:

QUICK!

Someone had best get on the phone to Toyota and Nissan and Audi and Merc and BMW and Porsche and all the other turbo users and tell them that Saxo owners say they're doing it all wrong and are doing damage to their engines with all those big bad turbos!!!!! silly silly manufacturers!!! dont they know their show rooms should have NOS items not turbo items in them!!!

Phil.

gutted because nos is known as chemicaly charging an engine. nos containes around 64% oxygen wer as air containes about 34%. so the more u add the more oxygen enters the engine + nos does not add heat to the inlet charge + it containes nitrogen which helps controle the combustion process. plus you can add it any wer in the rev ranged. this is but som of the pros thr or cons like filling up the bottles which is y main dealers do not use it.

I would go nos any day. the easyest and fastest pro modding and cheapest around.

make of this wat you will but the saxo lad is not far wrong. its heat that kills engines most of the time.

ABSALUTE PLANKS!

ill give them the benefit of the doubt...

for saxo's i guess nos would be better than a fat turbo stuck on it lol - standard internal will be fine with nos (if the user is good with it) sticking a fat turbo on a saxo would just blow it up lol

for a turbo'd car... a bigger turbo didnt hurt anyone? lol

*add in*

noticed nasty's post. - a cars engine is normaly spec'd to withstand a certain amount of bhp.. like a mk3 vr6.. the blocks meant to withstand 300.. say the lads tuned it 290bhp.. and got a 100shot.. the heats taken in to it partly but its more so the car trying to manage the power which is the problem.

the car would only take so much of it before something breaks underpressure.

the only reason nos will kill an engine is if you have no idea wat your doing wen fitting it.

a 100 shot of noss will of course kill most engines. like strapping a massive turbo to a standard outfit. normally as a rule a 50-75 shot will be ok. but a mapped noss controler is the way forward. the user can thn add noss as a percentage any wer in the rev range. giving hp gains in turbo lag.xx this is wat i aim to do.

noss is misunderstud because people do not use it right. or understand it. aslo a 10lb bottle will give u around a 30sec run constant, which is not all that good.

the main thing to watch out for wen fitting noss is a noss back fire. always good to put a purge valve in line after the noss control solinode and before the nozzle. noz is our friend prople and the cheapest pro mod around with massive hp and torque gains to be had.

Nasty my friend are you deluded.. a 50-75 shot is still not good for a car..

take for instance you fire it into a 1.0 corsa with 54 bhp.. you put another 50-75 through that cars engine..

the car wont cope with the power surge long enough. its not designed to cope with twice the standard power.

its not the heat thats causing the damage its the internal componants not keeping up..

Love i think you might be giveing the rong person info about Engines my friend, he builds Engines for fun and certainly knows what hes going on about...It would be like saying you can superchage a 1.0 Smart car or even super bikes i've seen people shot NOS through a 600cc ZXR. things can keep up its just getting things set up right and knows what you are doing...

yea think he was talking genrally, :D if you add a 75 shot of nitrous to a standard glanza or gt, your only putting out 200BHP at the verry maximum!, and as we all know given it is set up correctly 200BHP is a verry realistic, reliable figure.

it all depends on the application. you could say a 50 / 75 shot of nitrous on a veyron is pointless ;) might as well go 200 shot like ;)

would they?? ^ only if they`ve been mistreated but that goes with anything if anything most older cars are far faaar better built than newer ones (jap ones that is)

you can charge anything that has 4/2 or even 100 wheels aslong as its within limits and the tuning is spot on its when people get giddy/cheap when things go wrong

give me time boys im currently studying K,E,R,S. but this will happen its so easy to do. 2x25lb bottles. will be awsome on the track and the dimo read out should predic power all over the rpm. cant help feel im cheating thw.

also CO2 cooling is another thing to look into can increase air density by 35%, can even get some interesting stuff for the N/A