Is there any insurance companies who insure under 21s and allow driving of other vehicles?

As per title, anyone know of any insurance companies that if you insure with them fully comp, allow you to drive third party on other vehicles...if you are under 21?

I know Quinn used to do it but they dont anymore (and their up shit creek lol) and Zenith do it if your 21 or over which is also a rarity as a lot seem to be 25 or higher to get that benefit.

Reason being, one of my best mate's "Mum" has got a 350bhp Evo 5 and he is 21 and allowed to drive it on the FC insurance cover for his 306 HDI lol. Just pisses me off as I go in it quite alot and everytime we come to a bend Im convinced witchcraft is what makes it go round - the grip is unreal!!!!

But it also reminds me that no matter how powerful I can make a Glanza, its never gonna stick with something like that. And to get it to that kind of similarity on straight line performance is gonna require muchos spondoolies - much more than a £4k Evo 5 I know that!!!!

So my theory is, if you cant beat them join them... ideally at the end of summer next year I would like to get one but insurance would be the issue and I will only be 20!

Any ideas folks?

Loool my bad too!

The savings not really an issue, provided I dont crash my bike or blow it up it should still be worth £3k at the end of the summer, so I'll sell that and it just means I gotta find about another £1500 really. 5s are going for about £4-£5k for a nice enough one!

If needs be I could just sell the Starlet and buy a £200 car that Id just never use, only use it for the insurance and then the Evo be registered to my lovely mother :(

just a thought but even with your mum being registered on it and you getting insured say as a named driver. i think an evo's still going to cost a bomb to insure lol

i may be wrong good luck with the idea though you never know :(

Your missing the point of finding a company that lets me drive other vehicles third party... The car would be my Mums, then I would be insured on a different car say for example my Glanza S that Ive got now for like £1300 fully comp lets say... then insure my Mum on the Evo which would be about £400 and voila I'm insured to drive an Evo 5 at 20yrs old for like £1700 lol :(

i very much doubt it will cost your mum £400 to insure it,does she have her own car?if so i would imagine she will be using her ncb on that car, talking from experience evos are not cheap to insure period.

even if you find an insurance company that will let you drive other vehicles, i would imagine that the cover would not got to the extent of an evo, i tried this and failed, once your mum has insured the evo there will more than likely be something in the small print to say that nobody under the age of 25 can drive it.

all this seems to be alot of hassle just to be able to drive a 4-5k evo which if you smash it will be money pissed down the pan, and all for the sake of waiting a couple of years.

stick with your v id say and save like mad and maybe buy an evo as a project car, by the time you can insure it if you put your mind to it would be a beast and on the road legally.

just my 2p though

I used to be insured by the co-op from the age of 17 fully comp and could drive anything third party only so i used to drive my dads van a lot. Problem is they don't insure jap imports so had to change when got the Glanza and now i can only drive that :(

I dont know alot about it but it sounds like your trying to cut corners and that isnt the way to go about anything your gonna do. If you end up like you want your gonna end up with a car I doubt your going to be able to afford to run, if you think buying a 4k evo is gonna be happy motoring your mad, gonna need a lot of looking after, and besides all that if your 3rd party only on a car alot faster than your use to your probably gonna bend it and end up with nothing

i very much doubt it will cost your mum £400 to insure it,does she have her own car?if so i would imagine she will be using her ncb on that car, talking from experience evos are not cheap to insure period.

even if you find an insurance company that will let you drive other vehicles, i would imagine that the cover would not got to the extent of an evo, i tried this and failed, once your mum has insured the evo there will more than likely be something in the small print to say that nobody under the age of 25 can drive it.

all this seems to be alot of hassle just to be able to drive a 4-5k evo which if you smash it will be money pissed down the pan, and all for the sake of waiting a couple of years.

stick with your v id say and save like mad and maybe buy an evo as a project car, by the time you can insure it if you put your mind to it would be a beast and on the road legally.

just my 2p though

Well my friends Mum whos Evo it is, she is insured for £390 Fully Comp, with no NCB, a claim for theft and she is 39. I should expect with some delving around I could get my Mum insured on an Evo for £400 or thereabouts, she's like 52!

My friends cover is with Zenith and he checked with them and there is a limit of upto 2.5 or 3.0 cars and he specifically asked if he would be allowed to drive his "Mums" Evo and they said yes. However if it was a 7 or newer they said no. I guess there is a value of the vehicle as well as how much performance is has but he's not sure.

Yeah I should wait but it'd be fun not to :(

I dont know alot about it but it sounds like your trying to cut corners and that isnt the way to go about anything your gonna do. If you end up like you want your gonna end up with a car I doubt your going to be able to afford to run, if you think buying a 4k evo is gonna be happy motoring your mad, gonna need a lot of looking after, and besides all that if your 3rd party only on a car alot faster than your use to your probably gonna bend it and end up with nothing

Yeah it probably sounds like I am, but to get an Evo at 20 your gonna have to cut corners end of. My friend is on less than me a week and he has no problems paying for bits, and when it comes to servicing or replacement of parts he knows a lot so I would just get him to do anything that wants doing. I know it wouldnt be happy motoring but it wouldnt be a daily driver, just weekend and the odd day here and there. So technically, it would live at home with my Mum most of the week and she would use it during the day whilst Im at work - therefore justifying it being her car :o

An it seems like alot of hassle jus for an evo, sorry but there not all that special...

Are you drunk lol? I'd go as far to say that a well driven 350bhp Evo 5 would rape the majority of other performance cars out there for the same kind of money. I cant get over how much grip they have in the bends its a joke!

Are you drunk lol? I'd go as far to say that a well driven 350bhp Evo 5 would rape the majority of other performance cars out there for the same kind of money. I cant get over how much grip they have in the bends its a joke!

what other cars have you been in to compare this? you been in a scooby of the same performance and power? do you think there is a reason why there are alot more scooby's than evo's?

simple answer is, because there better, and parts and labour is cheaper.

what other cars have you been in to compare this? you been in a scooby of the same performance and power? do you think there is a reason why there are alot more scooby's than evo's?

simple answer is, because there better, and parts and labour is cheaper.

Been in a 400bhp Type R Impreza, that was just as quick but thats had countless problems compared to the Evo. Been in a 570bhp R32 GTR as well but thats in a different league really.

Labour cheaper? Look how tight are the engine bays on Imprezas?! Loads of labour costs to do what would be simple jobs on an Evo. And theres loads about because they're A cheaper for a same year Impreza and B more common than Evo's. Every man and his dog has an Impreza.

350 / 400 hp Evo's are not that special.

What you want to do is insurance fraud, so i hope the insurance companys dont start letting under 25's drive on 3rd party cover.

Cut corners at your end, from that atitude, you deserve being caught. Would hate to think if you killed someone while driving "mummy's" Evo...

I'm with Quinn and used to let me drive other cars so wouldn't really be fraud would it?

If he got stopped he could just say he was borrowing it for the day but still has legal insurance. But like above, if he killed someone that would be a different story? :(

Been in a 400bhp Type R Impreza, that was just as quick but thats had countless problems compared to the Evo. Been in a 570bhp R32 GTR as well but thats in a different league really.

Labour cheaper? Look how tight are the engine bays on Imprezas?! Loads of labour costs to do what would be simple jobs on an Evo. And theres loads about because they're A cheaper for a same year Impreza and B more common than Evo's. Every man and his dog has an Impreza.

do you know how much a clutch supply and change costs on an EVO ??

impreza labour, is much cheaper than EVO labour, if you are after a stamp in the book.