N/A performance/mods/figures thread

As above, there were no stats/figure to go on as to what mods made the most power for the N/A when i joined except everyone badgering on about the "rolla mani"

Theres quiet a few RR graphs now so lets get them all in one area so we can pull apart what works and what doesn`t

Which generation 4E-FE:

1st= JDM only unit, FTE manifold, FTE rods, FTE tb

2nd= log manifold, longer runners, smaller TB, thinner rods

3rd= corolla mani + dizzy

4th= corolla mani + coilpacks

Mileage:

Mods:

Power/torque/fueling firgure:

Graph:

Hopefully some of the more knowledgeable members can help us pull apart the graphs/and keep us from going off in a tangent

Asad

Mileage:106k

Mods:rolla mani, obx 4-2-1 mani, full decat system, relocated filter

Power/torque/fueling firgure: 87.6bhp (i think) may have been point 5. 99 ftlbs of torque and not sure about the fuelling part :/

Graph: ill try find them tomorrow

Ohh, Nice thread.

**BHP is an estimate and remember mine is a Glanza S (bigger injectors and diffrent ECU)**

3rd Gen 4EFE

Mileage:69,115 KM's + 800ish miles (43,000 miles all in)

Mods: Iridium spark plugs, Magnacor Leads, Air filter s/s cat back (to be fitted)

Power/torque/fueling firgure:around 90bhp when s/s cat back is fitted

Graph:

I will update this when i have dyno'd her :unsure:

2nd Gen 4efe

Mileage: 86,000 miles

Mods:

- Apex'i Power Intake w/120 degree aluminium intake pipe and cold air pipe to bumper

- '98 Corolla Intake Manifold

- NGK Iridium Spark Plugs (Heat Range 5)

- Custom 2" straight thorugh cat-back exhaust (Pro-Speed)

Power/torque/fueling figure: 87.6bhp 89Ft/lb

Graph:2c271b35.jpg

c7433ddb.jpg

ahhh didnt notice lol!

Yeah yours and ssportifs is really similar, both produce peak torque at around 2500 and then again at 4300 and peak power at 5800

So, seems as if we all need a new exhaust system and decat for the cost/gain of a obx its probably not worth it for around 3-4ftlbs of torque

by the way kurt how come only 95?

Just noticed Jamie's graph doesn't show AFR ratio lol you can compare it to Ryan's when he gets his scan up

You think fiddling with an FPR would optimise power & economy because the plot does look a bit shaky? (Even though they said fueling was fine)

theres defo something to be had, fpr + safcII and it should give you more power and save you fuel (can have two maps on the newer safcII)

makes me want to throw mine on a dyno now lol, after the exhaust/few other little mods/cai etc etc ill see where its at

edit: thats what i thought looks all jumpy surely it should be nice n steady at whatever??

great thread this asad!

EP82 Starlet S

1st gen 4efe =FTE manifold, FTE rods, FTE tb

Mileage: 29.000 miles

Mods:

- hotshot 4-1 four branch manifold

- fugibutsu exhaust with decat

Power/torque/fueling firgure: standard is 98ps so thats about 90bhp at the fly, think mine should be hovering around the ton mark but wont know until

i get it dynoed.

current problem is my hotshot header has split around one of the pipes. so need to fix that before dyno

Graph: to come

keen to see if theres a shift in power due to it having a higher rev limit, safe to say a straight through + decat is the way forward so you have that bonus also from ryans result you`ll have a healthy torque figure

if all is well i want to track mine.....be lush to have a little scrap with a few other N/A`s :unsure:

4th gen 4efe = corolla mani + coilpacks

Mileage: 234,000k's (~145,000 miles)

Mods: Pod/cone filter, 2-1/4" decat custom exhaust, 5e-fhe exhaust manifold, oil change

Power/torque/fueling figure: 52.3kw atw, torque is miles off, air/fuel = rich (partly due to no ducting to filter)

Graph: Sorry about smudges

dynorund.jpg

3rd gen 4efe

Mileage: about 45k

Mods: custom air filter, custom exhaust, RRFPR and adjusted timing

Power/torque/fueling firgure: about 98bhp, cant remember torque.

Graph: no graph to prove it as i was only messing about on my rolling road at work

unfortuantly the car ended up in a scrap yard after meeting a tree at 80mph :unsure:.

didnt realise how good it was to make that much power, always thought it was fast.

so it doesnt count for fastest 4efe as i cant prove it and the car is now DEAD.

am on it lads, as N/A power is wat i profer, as it is true tunning to get any kind of power out of a N/A engine. could do with much more engine info if you all require answer on wat wer and why .

craigs starlet s, made 98hp on his first dino session, and 87hp on second. this could be down to simple service items. or dino calibrition,

i think lowering compration ration with a thinner headgasket and slight mods around exhaust valves, and advancing the inlet cam with a adjustable pully will give som very good results. also a ported and polished head.

yep exaust derestrictions can give some of the best gains.