Poor fuel economy

on the N/A its bellow the engine before the CAT,

I got a NTK one for £50 plugged straight in no messing aroung with universals, but most tend to go for universals think its a 3 wire?

• 2 weeks later...

Iâ??m training to be a chemical engineer with BP. In winter we blend a slightly more vaporous blend of petrol so it ignites easier due to the cold weather. The blend of v power is basically the same as ultimate. Itâ??s probably likely that you have been filling up a lighter blend compared to what you have got previously.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
240 is ok-ish tho 300 to a tank for a N/A is where its at, dont forget petrol has gone up and our cars arn`t getting any younger

dirty injectors, tired engines it all adds up not to mention the cold starts use loads of extra fuel in the mornings especially when sensors are reaching the end of there life

just be glad we dont have to fork out extra for having a unreliable car

mine did 400 with the standard air filter on haha, since i put relocation filter on i gone down to about 300 :)

• 1 month later...
mine has been good and bad...

put full tank vpower 38litres ish and got about 220ish miles...

Hi all. After reading all through these posts i am amazed how rubbish evrerybodys fuel consumption is compared to mine. I thought mine was not too bad but compared to this lot mines excellent. Like 220 a tank :p . Lead foot or what. I get that before half a tank. I can get 340ish miles on 3/4 tank of normal driving.Never go much below 3/4 tank if i can help, but sure i`d get 400 til empty.

You all need your maps checked :D

In my td04 V on EMB i could reguarly get 260miles to a tank and if i took it steady could get over 300 to a tank !!!

Differant when raggin though, empty a tank in about 100 miles :p

^Mine used to drink a LOT more using Tesco momentum on stock ECU compared to V-Power..

Kept using shell on new ECU but wasn't getting decent mpg so I've tried Momentum again on my Mine's ECU and it seems to be pretty frugal, even with hard driving!

• 9 months later...

Bumping up an old thread, Just checked the fuel economy on mine, full tank of normal shell fuel and i got 277miles and the needle was well off the bottom, so running on fumes.

I worked this out to a 45litre tank? and got 28mpg. This was a combination of hard driving, pootling in 5th gear etc.

And i think its shite tbh!

What was everyone else getting out of the n/as?