Ok so im planning on swapping out my 4efe for a 5efhe. Need as much info so the swap can be done within a week.

Ill be collecting parts so it can be all done at once.

I have searched the site and found barely any info on the swap.

I know that the loom will have to be modified to make it work.

I am friends with an auto electrician who can make me a loom with starlet interior and cynos/paseo/sera engine loom.

I will get this done with a 4efe and 5efhe loom so i can keep my car on the road while i am collecting the parts.

Could someone please shed some light on this swap or point me towards someones build thread?

Cheers, Daniel

To be honest i dont think anyone has ever done the conversion well not a naturally aspirated 5efhe anyway, hence why you cant find any info.

As for getting the Engine in that shouldnt be a problem as the 4e and the 5e have the same engine mounts so thats that sorted lol..As for the engine loom cant you just keep the 4e loom and just buy an aftermarket ECU?..

Maybe a first for UKStarlet

Finding the parts wont be a problem as there is a wreckers about 15mins away with all the parts i need.

The guy who will be helping me do the conversion has a ep71 with a 5efhte (still high comp) so ill try get some info from him and post it here.

I cant really afford an aftermarket ecu so im just going to use the 5efhe's one for now.

The guys brother will be doing the loom work so it will be all ready for when i do the conversion.

Cant find any of his latest dyno runs but september 09 it was doing 108kw@wheels, 392nm torque on 9psi boost.

All he has done is put the fte gear on the fhe and i think also raised the compression.

His latest run was 13.22@100.85mph on 10psi.

ah right not too sound rude or anything like that but that isnt a great result tbh as people get faster than that on 4e are the internals standard also what turbo is he running?

as i aim to go greddy td05 20g with a race tech manifold low comp pistons mahusive head gasket

kurt

ah right not too sound rude or anything like that but that isnt a great result tbh as people get faster than that on 4e are the internals standard also what turbo is he running?

as i aim to go greddy td05 20g with a race tech manifold low comp pistons mahusive head gasket

kurt

I would say 13.2 at only 10psi is a good quarter mile time, i wouldnt say theres alot of people running faster than that with only 10psi on a 4e

no i didnt mean it like that dude

er i ment 13.2 for that engine isnt good the 4e would probably be at 1bar to do that time

short end poeple get 350 bhp all day long out of a 5e and i was expecting more from it

kurt

Yeah mate i get what your saying but siren676 said he is only running 108kw at 10 psi with is only about 145bhp with is a good time for that power. im sure if he was runnin 350bhp he would have a much faster time.

Well I've made a 5E-FHE swap to my Paseo and I used a Glanza V loom and PnP stand alone ECU (EP91 Apexi PFC) which is far more complicated, so probably it won't be that hard to swap from a 4E.

Have a look here at my thread.

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....showtopic=14643

Edited by Pierros
could you find out a spec list from him please

kurt

* edit i mean what ecu does he use and injectors, fuel pump, intercooler, manifold, engine internals are they standard 5efhe ?

This is his build thread on StarletCentral (nz starlet site) you may have to sign up to see it.

http://forums.starletcentral.co.nz/viewtop...f=24&t=6362.

Well I've made a 5E-FHE swap to my Paseo and I used a Glanza V loom and PnP stand alone ECU (EP91 Apexi PFC) which is far more complicated, so probably it won't be that hard to swap from a 4E.

Have a look here at my thread.

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....showtopic=14643

Thanks mate thats really helpful. I think ill stick with the stock fhe ecu to make the install a bit easier. Ill probably get a stand alone ecu later in the year.

for simplicity you could run itt off the standard loom and ecu, injectors and tb.

then when funds allow

buy management(emanage)

plug in your larger 225cc injectors

7afe tb

and remap.

Im going to use the all 5e parts to get it running.

Then probably get those upgrades.

I put in an order for an engine yesterday, its got 180,000k's on it but runs perfectly. Its non-acis but i will be getting an acis intake at some point as the 5e loom is for an acis model.

If all goes well i should have all the parts ready for the swap by the end of february.

Thats good news, keep us up to date with your progress (the non-Acis 5efhe is probably from a Sera or a 2nd Gen Cynos).

Running the stock ACIS loom and ECU will make things far more easier (and cheaper as you will not need an rpm controller to run the ACIS when you'll install it). Also keep the 5e-fhe exh. manifold and modified it to fit (don't swap it with 5e-fe of 4e-fe, its far better, except if you go for an aftermarket).

Thanks Pierros

Ill try to find an acis manifold before i do the swap, i think ill just stay with the fhe 4-2-1 exhaust manifold as i dont think there are any suppliers in New Zealand who can get me anything aftermarket.

Im currently running a fhe exhaust mani on my 4efe so i hope the guy didnt change anything on it. Otherwise i can just use the one that is coming on the engine.

How hard was it to +t your motor?

I am running a forged 5efhe Turbo with Acis intake manifold and E-manage Ultimate.

I have used a 4efte loom that had been modified.

Acis is controlled by the E-manage.

And a friend of mine, here on UKSC, was running a 5efhe with Acis and a supercharger and E-manage Ultimate.