Little problem with the 82

Didn't know what part of the technical section to put this in put it here in general sorry!!

Right finally got internet all sorted!!

Right after all the snow melted i decided to go really stretch the car's legs down a private road of course :rolleyes:... had it kept on low boost for a good 3-4weeks with all the snow about so put it on high and went for a tear!

Pulled onto the slip road of this private road ;) and hit the pedal hard.. Pulling fine through 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th got upto about 110mph and went into 5th boost needle went right round as it always does but then it started sort of hesitating and cutting out for split seconds then going again, cutting out, going, cutting out going... I panicked at first and quickly darted into this service station.. God know's why someone built a service station on a private road!! :pB) and let her idle which she did fine as always..

So switched off and let her cool down for about 15minutes then decided to take it easy going home got home fine and left her parked up.. Went out the next day to see if she'd do it again but no.. pulled fine and didn't cut out once! and the only thing i can think that was different the second time i tried getting it to mess around was that it was a warmer day! That's the only difference!

I've had it down work got one of my work mates to drive it and he couldn't get anything to happen..

So what's going on!

To me it seems to be as if she's just not getting fuel.. which is making me think it could be a Fuel cut issue... But i'm not sure as nothing's been changed when it comes to the boost!

But as always im sure you can all pin it down!

Cheers people! :)

It hasn't got a limiter on it mate.. and it's over 90-100 it seems to depend on the temperature outside!

I don't know how these car's measure air mass if the do at all.. As if its doing it when its cold the only thing i can think of is that with the air be cooler therefore denser it may be adjusting the fuel to match for the denser air intake.. But as i said i cannot see how this can be right as surely it would need an air mass sensor to make this happen??

It hasn't got a limiter on it mate.. and it's over 90-100 it seems to depend on the temperature outside!

I don't know how these car's measure air mass if the do at all.. As if its doing it when its cold the only thing i can think of is that with the air be cooler therefore denser it may be adjusting the fuel to match for the denser air intake.. But as i said i cannot see how this can be right as surely it would need an air mass sensor to make this happen??

Fuel cut i'm not sure why but they often hit it when it's colder if you've already free'd up the breathing then you'll be close to it already the cold dense air just seems to tip them over the edge.

You've had your GT for how long now and your telling me only now you've experienced fuel cut? What a n00b :rolleyes:

But yea sounds like fuel cut mate, turbo cars love the colder denser air and boost goes a little crazy, you should really get a boost gauge to keep an eye on things :)

You've had your GT for how long now and your telling me only now you've experienced fuel cut? What a n00b B)

But yea sounds like fuel cut mate, turbo cars love the colder denser air and boost goes a little crazy, you should really get a boost gauge to keep an eye on things :p

:rolleyes: I don't really thrash it that much to be honest.. and owned it all summer and its only been recently that its been so cold that it's been doing it! ;)

God give me a break haha :)

hmmmm fuel cut doesnt hesitate it feels like youve hit a curb lol bit of a pop from the zorst too and also a little flamage lol

but yeah it might have just hit fuel cut a little bit as it was colder and the boost has creeped a little bit

get a plug and play and you wont have that problem lol