help me forge....

Got the turbo kit, got the spare engine just incase. Lol<br />Where did you get your parts and what price....<br /><br />Wiseco low compression 74.5mm pistons, scat rods, acl bearings on 4efte. Steel headgasket, exedy stage 3 clutch, recommend any lsds? Anyone using 265 billet cams? Any use. All help would be great with these

They are cheap, and for a reason - the SCAT rods weigh a ton, need block notching and so on, but they're silly cheap.

Basically you need to weigh your options with what you want out of the setup; Wiseco/SCAT sets go very cheap, allows you to have cheap forged internals which will net you that safety margin with higher boost/loads. Done. If you want some actual objectives met, then there are many other options, just like with differentials - would you prefer mechanical or helical, or don't particularly care and just want a differential to limit traction loss? Likewise with camshafts, are they matched to your setup or are you just hoping to "add" power, somewhere in the rpm-band willynilly?

And so forth

JE pistons are some of the best available, i used them in over bored mini engines and i currently run them in my forged 4e, they are expensive but have been around years and are very very good pistons. Quite expensive compared to most but quality is second to none!

What he said

4E and 5E essentially depends on what you want out of the engine; having a slightly longer stroke the 5E will benefit torque range and amount over the 4E, allowing to obtain perhaps marginal improvements in spool characteristics on larger turbochargers, whereas a 4E will favour a higher/quicker revving setup, with slightly peakier delivery.

Should also consider compression ratio - granted lowering the Static ratio gives some head space for Detonation threshold, but at the sacrifice of combustion efficiency, response, and so on. If you have a very good tune, a higher c/r setup can provide big gains in responsiveness and torque, albeit with a decreasing margin of error when increasing boost levels.

Block, crank, forged je pistons, scat rods, acl bearings, metal head gasket £1500.00 then assemby. Quoted by momentum motorsport. Is that any use or could I save money somewhere?

if this means anyting to you my bro give momentum the guts of 20k to build his gtir in 2008 and it blew up after run in miles!! parts he payed for where not even put in the engine! it was striped down an checked by another company! an car is still of the road.. and this was all done by that company you just named!!!! a weee tought for ya :p

and scat rods are good!!! i use them.:p

Got the turbo kit, got the spare engine just incase. Lol<br />Where did you get your parts and what price....<br /><br />Wiseco low compression 74.5mm pistons, scat rods, acl bearings on 4efte. Steel headgasket, exedy stage 3 clutch, recommend any lsds? Anyone using 265 billet cams? Any use. All help would be great with these

£570 posted to uk off e-bay USA. What do you guys think about these. Will they be genuine, Is it risky buying from abroad, I'm forging mine before summer and i'd like your opinions, Many thanks

yea that seems realy cheap they might be planing on posting it with out declaring if thats the case u might get stuck with the import tax (dunno how much it is) so worth asking them

also if theres more than 1 set link plz :p