Hi stavros, yeah there's a hint of blue to it aswell, done a comp test and getting 175psi across all 4 pots.

I hadn't used it for 3-4 days and went for a drive to the petrol station yesterday (gentle drive) and it was smokey when i pulled up, only done 4 miles at 60mph lol

Must admit, a ct9 in good nick is becoming hard to find, as most seem to go td04 when the seals go lol. You can get a CT9 service kit from speedvision for about £80 from memory, youd just need the turbo balanced once you've done it mate

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys just fitted another turbo (known good one) and it's still doing the same thing, no smoke till i rev it hard then back off... touch accelerator pedal and a swirl of bluey smoke from exhaust for about 4-5 seconds then clears up.

Valve stem oil seals??? anyone?

id say maybe the rings bud, thb if it was me id of reboared by .5mm and added forged pistons just to get a good seal. it could also be as mentioned above oil in the exhuast. try a wet compression test bud, warm the engine to norm temps and then drop a tiny bit of oil down the boar before sticking the compression tester in then run the test and come back to us :p

Cold compression test done today 180 psi across all 4 cylinders, it only had the engine built 1300 miles ago so don't think it can be piston rings.

I noticed tonight on my way home at 30mph rolling down hill in 3rd (foot off the throttle) car hadn't been revved hard at all, i touched the throttle to to keep up with the traffic and noticed a tiny puff of blue smoke in the headlights of the car behind.

What i'm thinking is that one of the valve stem oil seals on the intake side is leaking and the oil is building up on the back of the valve when the throttle is closed, when i touch the throttle it's opening the butterfly and in effect blowing the build up of oil into the cylinder.

does that make any sense? lol