Someone point me in the right direction :)

warm up the engine, then switch it off, pull off the king lead and whip out the plug then drop a lil bit of oil into the boar then whack the tester in and crank over for 10-15 secs then check the results should be around 170-180-psi iirc

You only need to put oil in if you get a low reading, anything under 150psi. Putting oil in is just a test to confirm if your rings are fooked, as if the psi goes back up with the oil in, it confirms that the rings are worn.

Enjoy!

warm up the engine, then switch it off, pull off the king lead and whip out the plug then drop a lil bit of oil into the boar then whack the tester in and crank over for 10-15 secs then check the results should be around 170-180-psi iirc

thought you were supposed to do a comp test from cold mate??

Take king lead out the coil thing on the bulk head, take your spark plugs out, screw in your compression tester and get someone to turn the engine over till the needle on you tester gauge stops going up (usually 10-15 seconds)

let us know your results mate

you're best off going to a shop mate, if you get a crap one it might not work properly or be inacurate then you have the ball ache of posting it back and waiting, pop to halfords or the like and pick one up mate, mine's a draper one from motor world, cost me 20 quid