Wiring in rear speakers

well ive cut and fitted the speakers (6x9) in the parcel shelf. but....

where can i hide the wires going from the head unit to the rear?

also ill have to remove the head unit to wire up the new speakers right?

Cheers Tom

there should be wires in as standard! if you just remove the rear panel in the boot driver side they should be tucked away some where if my memory serves me right ther are a red yellow black and white wires with a plug on the end!!! will save you the hasle of running your own wire!!

the wires are tucked in the corner as rob says.they can be a pain to get to but every starlet ive seen is slightly different.to get mie i had to remove all the plastic covering on the right hand side of the boot.you have to take all the screws out and wiggle it off if thats the case.

make sure you have them back speakers out of sight though as ive known of plenty to be robbed. :D

Better off hoocking up your own wires from the headunit to the 6x9's. you have to hide the wires under the side plastic runner under the door. The carpet is only tucked up under it so don't be afraid to pull it out to hide the wires behind it. I unscrewed the bolt at the bottom of the seat belt to give me more room.

Mart is right!

My 6x9s are wired the exact same way running under the dash and down under the side skirting then past under your seats to your speakers, not as hard as it sounds but gets frustrating when you are in the car and its takin ages.

Joz

hmm having real problems with what should be a simple job...

firstly i cant remove the side panneling! therefore cant find this loom thing, to make matters worse, i cant remove the head unit!

im guessing i cant just split one of the wires from the front speakers, and wire in the rears form them? rather than wiring them into actual head unit, of which seems only to have input jacks!....ahhh

anyone able to help

Progress at last....

looked for the loom thing, but failed unfortunatley...anyway, some good did come of this: i managed to pull up the side skirting thing (along bottom of door), at this point i decided to see if i could hide new wiring.

so i ran the wires from upfront, aong the sidesill, tucked under the bottom of the rear passenger plastics, and made it emerge though where, correct me if im worng but, you see the top of the suspension? (the pyridmid of plastic) then up to the shelf.

so im pleased with that... now i just need to remove the head unit and wire it up...erm thats where ill be needing some help :D can anyone tell me what wires go where!