How long did it take you...

Hi guys, ive recently bought a decat pipe and manifold from a member on here. I have basic knowledge, can use tools and also have access to a 2 post ramp. How long roughly did it take you guys to change the above? and what should i look out for, any hints or tips. Did a search and it said to remove the rad, is it possible to do without removing it? cheers Ryan

never done one with a rad in mate, i take the front end to bits, bumper off, rad off ect. . might take a little bit of time to do but it makes it so much easier. should take 2-3hours if you take it steady. a tin of penatrative sprat is always handy as some bolts can be abit corroded but take your time then you wont go snapping or rounding bolts off!

other than that just clean the areas that the the new gaskets are going so i defo wont blow from anywhere.

Thanks mate. It sounds like a bigger job that i first thought then. I'd only have around 2 hours to do it on a ramp as my boss will be in then lol I could do it at my house but would only have the weekend on it as ill need it for work on monday without fail :)

Bump,

I'm going to try and have a go at this on the weekend hopefully so any help would be greatfull. Sorry if its been covered before but i just searched through 10 pages odd on this section for info, ideally if anybody has a step by step guide that would be perfect.

youl get it done in a good few hours mate, like i said just take you time. its a bastard taking stuff out that doesnt have out todo with what your changing ie raditor but the more space the easier it is to do. its simple mechanics realy, just undo bolts, take off old part, put new part on and tighten bolts.

il pm you my number if you want and any problems just giv us a ring and il talk you thru it if you get stuck.

The rad come's out in 5min's, drain it at the bottom into tub, 2 hose's an brackets un-clip rad fan and out it come's...

Give's you much better room to giggle turbo an mani off...

So long as you got the tools to hand once you get started it will all become clear how it all come's off...

Rad out... From top..

De-cat off.. From bottom..

Undo water line's and oil return from turbo..(have tub under as will leak a little) From bottom..

Air-filter off turbo, jubalie clip..From Bottom..

4 Nuts holding turbo onto mani..From top..

6 Nuts holding mani to engine..From top..

Then reverse to fit back together and remember to put drain plug back in rad when ya fill it up..(i didnt first time);)

And check oil is topped up aswell...

Hope this is of some help...

Cheers everyone for all the advice. After reading through those guides it doesnt seem no where near as bad a job now. Also one thing i forgot to ask is what else i need?

As far as i know im going to need..

1. Manifold to block gasket

2. Decat pipe to manifold gasket

3. Antifreeze

Anything else im going to need and also where can i get the gaskets?

Daz, that would be great if you could mate just incase its a real emergency lol

pm'd you my number mate, dont be affraid to call how ever stupid you think the question is or how ever many times you get stuck, im in the garage all day so will have my fone next to me! ;)

and get the gaskets from toyota but ring tomorrow morning 1st thing so they can order them in in time!

Cheers Daz got your PM. Thanks for all the input guys, phoned toyota and they said they cant get it in for a couple of days. Do i defonately need new gaskets or could a make them out of gasket paper etc? Otherwise im guna have to hold on for a bit longer.

yea you need proper gaskets mate, you wouldnt want to go thru the hassle of fiting it all, putting it all back together, starting it up to find its blowing like a hooker on a saturday night! because then youve gota do it all again!

Yeah i thought as much, ill get on the phone to them again in the morning and if they cant say exactly when they'll be in then ill just order them off here tomorrow so their here next week. Just to double check, i want the turbo to cat gasket, manifold to turbo gasket and also manifold to block gasket?