• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awsome build, good skills

cheers :D

right not much done to the car today as i been busy repairing some seats which i hate doing !!!!

i did get around to removing the last of the sound deading in the boot tho,

4651708f.jpg

then i removed the spare wheel holder as i was bored and its going to be in the way of my new fuel system, which i hope to be able to cover over in the spare wheel well

e42ec73a.jpg

also i need to find out what pipes go were on the fuel tank if any one can help?

01782898.jpg

whoop i love when bits come and i had some come today!

651f32b0.jpg

now i finished off the wiring in the fuse box and it all connected up to the cut off switch on the dash

and i was lucky that i could hide the wire below the fuse box as well

dfb81c2e.jpg

all crimped on ready to be bolted in

79e6070a.jpg

bolted in with a new 100amp fuse

c32f29c2.jpg

also i my brake lines have come also so i got them fitted! but being a twat i have order the wrong color as all my brake lines are blue and these are clear so you can see the braid but dam they look good,

4c1181cb.jpg

4550392c.jpg

42e75ae2.jpg

890f2891.jpg

a01ccd3e.jpg

4349f7c9.jpg

also i finished the rear lines too by bolting them to were the abs wire was

67751d51.jpg

74fdf101.jpg

whoop! its getting there now!

right had a packet come yesterday with my new ht leads for V, form cj performance,

and there in a lovely blue to match the other bits !

92dd31df.jpg

also i started to work on the block as it back all rebore to fit the new pistons, i have started to polish the inside of the bottom end, not touching the bores or were the bearings sit. on the 4/5e blocks there a easy mark to follow so you are no were near any of the bearings,

i hope this will help keep the engine cleaner and not trap any rubbish in the roughness of the casting,

e68db5f2.jpg

cab72f74.jpg

oo make sure you get a pic of the block when its all polished . will look insane ;) never noticed your reply about the brakelines mate. i wouldnt mind the sizes of them dude as they look the part :rolleyes: send me a pm or something if ya wish :p

Must be some updates from the weekend Mark?

mike long time no speak! how you getting on? and only update this weekend is that i picked the bearings for the bottom end,

awesome work going on here bud nice 1
awesome work mate, wish i could work like that

pat yourself on the back lol

cheers lads,

oo make sure you get a pic of the block when its all polished . will look insane ;) never noticed your reply about the brakelines mate. i wouldnt mind the sizes of them dude as they look the part :rolleyes: send me a pm or something if ya wish :p

i really just started to clean the inside up i wanted to do the crank as well but i need to find out how much to reblance the crank would cost,

and i might be selling my front brake lines as they are the wrong coulor, i sort out the sizes for you,

tiny update! i have ordered the last bit (for now) to finish my brake lines, but i had to make up a bracket to hold the new valve so the work shop stores was my first stop!

i found 2 big square washers which worked a treat as i cut one down to support the other

ade858d8.jpg

and then this is it in in front of the handbrake, ready to be welded in

eb149082.jpg

right as you lot know i ordered the last bit of my brake lines the other day and it turned up now so i can finish the brakes until i can afford to fit twin master cylinders and a blance bar,

67576f43.jpg

i ended up taping the holes on the valve so i could bolt it to the fixing plate, also i need to clean up the welds as they are shocking :) and get it in some primer ready to spray inside at a later date,

also i had a tiny bit of flock left, so i started to flock one of the new panels were the cut off switch is but sadly run out of flock :p

as the weather isnt great here i got on with the last bits of cleaning inside the engine, so with that done i started to crank on and build up the bottom end,

first was to clean the crank and block ready for the main bearings,

8cf716d7.jpg

next was to make sure the bearings were covered in oil, thrust bearings were placed in, then to place the crank on the bearings

4b71c3b6.jpg

the main caps were fitted ready to torgue up now,

just a pic of the bearings that have been fitted

158f702d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

havent done a update for a bit,

right i have got the engine nearly built now just waiting mainly on the con rods for it now,

the rocker cover is having two -8an fitting welded to it and also been sanded down so its nice a smooth now ready for powered coating,

also i just got a AEM wideband which is now fitted ready for the down pipe to have a bung welded,

f5b4ac3f.jpg

e43249c0.jpg

Amazing work on this project, hats off! So much better when all the work is DIY.

idrees i wish i had the skills of some of the people on here, but the only way i learn is by getting my hands dirty and having a go at it

and thank you for the comments,

right i been working on my rocker cover lately as i been saving for the next big bit,

it started life looking like this

92dd31df.jpg

so i striped it and started sanding it down but sadly got a bit carried away and sanded all the ridges of it!

79887192.jpg

then i sent it over the road to be all the fitting welded on

ac0e8c80.jpg

then to finish off a couple coats of primer ready for the finial colour

53777c17.jpg