ight here we go then this is some off the car when it i frist got it, when we bought it home it was looking a bit worse for ware and not the best looking car around ( tbh some cars looked better in the scrap yard) but still this is how she looked on the drive

http://s858.photobucket.com/albums/ab142/M...pg&newest=1

frist things frist sorted out the lights and the air con was removed also new headlights and front bumper bar fitted,

next on the list was the brakes need to be cheaked over and i took the chance to paint the rears on it,

also it would be rude not fit this

i took it off the road over xmas and sorted out the bumpers and front grill

007aaf97.jpg

and this turned up a dobbie front spilter, livesport rear lip

2c902732.jpg

8b73bb67.jpg

e804c2e5.jpg

when i spoke to my mate he was getting rid off this

7acc349b.jpg

so it was fitted

and then for my xmas pressise to myself :) one jam intercooler plus a pair off tom's side skirts to finish off the kit

2e1571a0.jpg

ed47cf25.jpg

98eb847e.jpg

f15f6cc0.jpg

this what she looks like all kitted up

5edefc38.jpg

right just a quick update i finaly got the rest of the bits to change the gearbox over now! also looking at a new turbos as mine is

smoking!

438fb9ac.jpg

2a5be513.jpg

this hows it looking at the moe

1a28dad0.jpg

had a nightmare with the wiring

loom and to get the car to idle right for the mot whitch i am glad to say it passed with no probs

car11.jpg

car10.jpg

here's some more off the new loom fitted

]

DSC01899.jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all i have to say is what a weekend the weather was just too good too us but as normal i have to spoll it all my

getting a new toy!

the gt is wicked but i do like the glanzas and when i got the chance to buy one with a small engine problem i had to go and

see 1 day later it on the drive

g1-1.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

g5.jpg

g6.jpg

right thats the easy bit so after claming my mum down just be for she killed me it was kinda all hands to

the deck glanza engine and box out, gt engine and box out, alot off pipes and wires later it starting to look good!

all the bits i got for the gt are being fited to the glanza

DSC01906.jpg

DSC01905.jpg

DSC01908.jpg

DSC01909.jpg

right back to the manic life off work and problems after having the glanza on the road it kinda had a hip up and kill a headgasket again!

so off to toyota again for a new head gasket and bolts :Facepalm:

right car back on the road better quicker and more fun than ever but still no over happy about the ride hight and handling.

i came across some nice coilovers on another fourm, and they were soon in the post on the way! but with as normal they turned up 5 mins before i

left to go to a track day in wales!

what can i say 2 or 3 pints later at the hotel me and mikey have the greet idea off fitting them and we had them on and sorted

in the hour and then back for another round off drinks

teins.jpg

right this it the h/g when i took it out not good at all

DSC01947.jpg

right i had a bit time to sort out my steering wheel tonight and refited my toms wheel again

DSC01953.jpg

and as i sed here you go joe some pic off the car slamed on tein coilovers

DSC01956.jpg

DSC01954.jpg

DSC01950.jpg

the last one is of my new bit off dash i had to change as i dont have a cd player in the car i blanked it off so that i could fit a turbo timer

and boost contorler there at a later date

thats the weekend over again :'( but i did get a bit off time to do some more to the glanza

fist on the list was to tidy up the battery cable which looks messy and not great if any thing get chucked in the back

DSC01963.jpg

using some P clips i sreewed in to the trim on the side to stop the calbe moving about and it looks neater

DSC01964.jpg

DSC01965.jpg

DSC01966.jpg

nex was the expanion tank on the rad i wanted to tidy that piping up as well so some more blue hose was used

this was how it looked

DSC01967.jpg

it wasnt to bad you push the pipe under the rad braket and i justed used some more clips to hold it in place

DSC01968.jpg

after sitting in front the car still feeling worse for were after the last night i thought it would be i good idea to start cutting

my bumper again to show off more off the front mount

DSC01969.jpg

now with teh number plate holder removed its starting to look a bit better and there more air flow for the intercooler as well

DSC01970.jpg

number plate refitted using some down pipe borrowed form work :) which worked great for fixing the number plate to

DSC01975.jpg

right the weather this afternoon has been good so i got on and done a bit more to the car by striping the back abit more

DSC02029.jpg

DSC02027.jpg

right starting to remove the trim now and i fund some horbbie wiring

DSC02030.jpg

on the passger side it not too bad olny the battery cable to hide which has fitted nice in beween the panels and is hiding nicely

DSC02031.jpg

drivers side was abit more tricky becuase off the earth wires had to be moved as well as the loom

DSC02033.jpg

right this is the passgers side all done and looking tidyer and with the battery all conected back up

DSC02036.jpg

and the same on the drivers side

DSC02035.jpg

but the biggest problem is what the hell i am i going to do with this lot

DSC02037.jpg

what a day today frist off i want to say a big thank you to adam for sort the car out today, i would have been lost with out him, cheer bud i owe you one

:thumbup:

now the car right it started of as a oil leak which i will have to wait and see if it been sorted or not,

right we thought it was a oil seal gone on the crank so we got to work striping the cambelt covers off as we looked in to it more it think it was the sump

leaking so we changed plans a then took the sump off

0063e3e2.jpg

after daining the oil i have the lovely job off cleaning the sealer off the sump as adam toke the oil pick up off a started to clean that out

a77cd83d.jpg

8f69a08a.jpg

new oil filter plus some new oil and then we got the paint out

dab61845.jpg

af3fe10e.jpg

before i forget there is someone else i must say thank you to and thats jan, adams mum, thank you for the food !!!!!

got the monday blues today because i want to be racing around the track but hey ho at lease i got some pics off the weekend thanks to robbie.

cheaking the car before the track time, water, oil,wheel nuts tight, clean underware you know what i mean

traxs1.jpg

on the pit straight i need loads more power lol

traxs2-1.jpg

then cheeking it after the run lol

traxs3.jpg

right now just a pick off some off my best friends they are the people behind the car starting form the left

is nathan, me , adam , and you lot all know robbie form heres

traxs4.jpg

not alot been happening on the glanza after trax, and with trying to finish off loads of jobs at work i haven felt like doing much to it latly, but

i had this turn up, and it nealy ready to fit now

6c22a7ea.jpg

right frist job was to strip it down till so that i can rub back any flakeing paint readdy for a cost of paint

ceab20af.jpg

3f26fada.jpg

then the same with the eye bolts but masking up the tread before painting it

6077eb58.jpg

a109d036.jpg

on to the ploy bushes i let them sock in some warm soapy water to get rid of any drit and to try a clean them up

ee8b1e7a.jpg

last thing put it all back together

6383ba4f.jpg

now it all ready to fited to the car just need to find 2 L shape brakets to weld to the chasis of the car now

right got the roll bar fitted this weekend

c02c5b6a.jpg

right now a bit off sad news about the glanza on saturday, i was going to pick the roll bar up, and the engine had a funny turn for the worse and spun

a bearing. I have removed the pistons and found out that its the 3rd piston,meaning i now need to have the crank regound and the block rebored out,plus

new big and main bearings

sadly i dont have the money to put the car straight back on the road so i wont be taking it to any meets in the nr future, :'( :'(

hmmm so the engine new to be rebored and the crank reground so the lovely laura has found me a new engine which i pick up on saturday i hope but in

the mean time i have kept the post man busy, with me seat and some flock also waitting for my new one pice clutch line to turn up

f34d04ac.jpg pic off the seat

also got my hands drity and removed the abs unit and took out the dash ready for it to be flocked and may be changed in some way

19764243.jpg

all he pipes have gone now too which makes the engine bay lots tidyer

ahh a day off today and some more work done to the glanza plus some more pics off the dash right ast night i riped out the dash so i could flock it

and make some changes to it for gauges and other bits

so the frist thing was to do was clean up the bits off the dash i wiped them down with some tinners and then painted the flock glue on it, then the

flock on top and its all coming together now, heres some pics off the bits i done today

the bit under the steering wheel

323cf9b9.jpg

glovebox plus the suround

748ecbc9.jpg

0b49d8e1.jpg

6cd234b3.jpg

right this is my dash just been wiped clean with some thinners and ready for the glue for the flock

04f037d1.jpg

right then just pain the the glue on it like a pva kinda glue and then dust the flock on to it

c739cd36.jpg

right then heres a big update for you guys and girls right the frist stop is the dash i have just placed it in for time being as

i am unsure if i should remove the heaters nor not,

5de70f38.jpg

35661cf0.jpg

plus my new clutch line came today as well all shinny and blue :)

9f8c75ea.jpg

right now the mad stuff the new engine after a manic hour i have found out that i have the 5efhe conrods so happy days

this is the old bottom end striped

c7ea5c89.jpg

new bearings for the cam belt

36cd6980.jpg

a97e2d76.jpg

i got a bit more done tonight on the car i have moved the brake lines and fitted two T picse one for the front and the other for the back

ff204bcc.jpg

the top one is for the front which will be one pices braided lines the same as my clutch wich is the blue line you can see,

the bottom one is the rear brakes which i have just rebent the pipes and leave std for now

after along weekend on the piss in bmounth i did get abit more done on the car. frist off a friday night special i fitted the engine in the car

c0a13021.jpg

also got the dissy cap back on spark plug in and HT leads on too

575a9310.jpg

also fixed the emanage in under the dash

f2c3f274.jpg

plus i have welded the plates for a harness

0a8422ae.jpg

right just a quick pic off the brake lines

8faef659.jpg

right i got up and got on with the car today right frist job was to tidy up some wiring nr the injectors

8ce2f6a4.jpg

then the shiny bits! started to fit the brake line fittings

5713c661.jpg

and the clutch ones

1d3ad37e.jpg

next on the list was to change a pipe that had spilt on a beather

a810d9f8.jpg

right just had soe time tonight to fit my new oil line on the engine

d41c80b6.jpg

but i was bored at work today, so i cracked on with my dash! ready for some gauges to be fitted,

it started out looking like this, then justed cut out the little bit in the middle ready for some ply

to fill the hole, were the heater vents were! Then it just had a skin off body filler to smooth over it

020e4e43.jpg

577dfc4f.jpg

dafeb07a.jpg

20276169.jpg

5a1673fe.jpg

right its near the end off my holiday, and i been busy working on the car as much as i can! right, here it goes

things have been abit slow latly with money ect, but it all started when my seat mounts came on tuesday

cdb04139.jpg

so they were fitted and i ended up welding another bar in to fix them down to

96d5a603.jpg

7582c669.jpg

then i fitted the seat in it place

8c718e8f.jpg

right next one the list was a new earth wire

d08beebe.jpg

thats was all done then, i had a call from toyota! to say my flywheel was in, so like a nutter off to toyota to pick it up, and then a ride to my mates

for oil and fliter, ready for the big start.

d08beebe.jpg

ccad25d2.jpg

right it was fitted like a shot, and then gear box was fitted, a last cheak off stuff, and then to prime the engine with oil by cranking it over then it

was time to fire it up!

it fired up on the second time and it ran sweet!!

cuz i fell out of bed today i thought i would get on with the car, frist job was to tidy uopo mums lawn!! then i got on to the dash frist by cutting out

the holes for the gauges,

e3e6539a.jpg

the it was time to reflock the dash, after the frist time i have been banned from flocking in the house lol so i had to do it on the drive :Facepalm:

179903fb.jpg

then carefully fitted it back in and then all the switchs

1136bc0a.jpg

ca28426e.jpg

right thats another weekend gone and a huge jump forward on the car! right to start with new engine mounts fitted but sadly i need to get another one for

the rear gear box mount

03254912.jpg

then on the trickyer bit start to stip down the engine again! (i am starting to get quick at this lol)

right the had came off too easy for my liking but hey ho its apart

a12c3939.jpg

85c0aa67.jpg

then it was the boring bit off cleaning up the block and head ready for the new gasket done it now so i dont have to worry about it when i bolt it all

back togetter , then off came the sump and oil pick up. then the off came the big ends ready to push out the pistons, lucky for me i dont have to meaure

the bore because toyota have olny 3 sizes off pistons 1,2,3, which they have samped in to the block :)

ac6a88c5.jpg

right another hard day at work and cold night on the car :)

most off the bits came yeasterday so tonight i got on with rebuilding it frist was to bolt the downpipe on to the turbo with a new gasket

06bf97d5.jpg

then the turbo fitted up the manifold hope to have the gasket for this on thursday

5c21043c.jpg

then was the wastegate to bloted in to place

23e2e7d4.jpg

right had a couple hours on the car today so i cracked on with it, i started by taking the glaze off the bores so the new piston rings would wear in

better so not wanting to mess up my new block i ended up buying a glase breaker

9df916a0.jpg

7164a3a0.jpg

then the fun started refitting the pistons

3e9b4121.jpg

743bd0b1.jpg

hope to have a bit more done tomorrow as i got the day off

new head gasket came on friday so this weekend was well spent rebuilding the enigne. so with a thick head and me felling sorry for my self that i didnt

get her number i cracked on with the car right the head gasket is a 1.9mm metal one insteed of the 1.2mm oem one to try and keep the compression down

c30b656c.jpg

f692aaa0.jpg

next was the downpipe to be fitted

f3d5834d.jpg

ef878d4b.jpg

then i made up the piping for my air filler with a 90 degree bend and the other one is for the intercooler piping

95966ab5.jpg

7730e908.jpg

then i was time to start it up i cranked it other to get the oil around the engine and though the turbo after that i turn the key and it fired up

frist time but as my luck goes it was short lived as i saw oil every where on the floor and i had striped a bolt which was to the oil line for the turbo.

so at leased i know it starts so with the weather on my side i finshed some off the little bits off the frist was to tweek a mount that hold my down pipe

in place as the manifold and downpipe was made for a 4e it wasnt out my much

5645232d.jpg

44e7ba16.jpg

8ce4bcdf.jpg

fafa8153.jpg

new year new start so before i do any thing happy new year!!

right back to the car , i had it running for a bit now on the std injectors with no probs, so its all good. Just before xmas my 550cc injectors came,

which will be more than big enough for want i want. I sadly didnt take any as i fitted as the amount of fuel thats in the fuel rail is nuts.

174c9fad.jpg

a picture of the new injectors

right for completing that car i ordered a new catch can for it form hong kong and it came looking like this

05e820e9.jpg

i have to give them some credit for being christmasy !

right here we go as you all know now i not shy of getting my hands drity with the car, so i after have the car sat on the drive running, and as

close as i could get it being finshed. it was time to booked it for it frist remapp which was ment to at 8.30 this morning!!!

right so not sleeping last night i was up and ready, the car was already at Veysport waitting, so with a freshly charged battery and

al last

min cheak of the oil and water, she was sat idleing want for andy to take it, and put on the rolling road,

Then it went all to pot! the mapper didnt have the right data cable which ment a drive to harveys to grab his then back to the mappers. Sorted,

( i should be so lucky)

then they couldnt get the ecu to connect to the laptop! ( by this time i am not happy at all)

so we sorted that by updateing my ecu to the new softwere as its work spot on happy days,

first thing was to get it to idle better which it purs! Then on to the good stuff starting to see what it can do! on the frist run my luck

changed for the worrise when we found out there was no boost,

as we looked in to the turbo the finns on the compresser side where shot! i think it were the shaft has too much play and it beat it seft

to piceses so its a new turbo once again for it sadly,

on the plus side i did drive it down the track and it sound so nice, just cant wait to get it back now

i did get some pics of it on the rolling road for you guys

dda05bce.jpg

2584a1d2.jpg

6a7bc7f1.jpg

fda979e8.jpg

Here we go, it was mapped yeasterday at veysport and made over 200bhp at the flywheel which I am over the moon,

This time like very other the car wanted to fight all the way, frost by the blow off valve or dump valve not holding puressure,

so that was taken off then there was a problem with the boost controller not venting which was down a 1mm hole needing to be drilled.

Things to do now are

New rad

New wastegate

New blow off valve

New boost controller

Fit the srceamer pipe

Tax

Fit air filtter

having the glanza on the road was cut short sadly due to a oil leak, so on with finding out were the oil leak was it was down two bits,

crankshaft seals and sump gasket,

so with that in mind its easyer to remove the enigne and gearbox,

2 hours later the engine is on the floor,

7f410d38.jpg

gearbox was next to come off

2a7b5996.jpg

then time to take the cam belt and bottom pully off to get to the seal on the camblet side

6f9792f7.jpg

the camblet side is all done now and i time the engine back up just waiting on the gearbox side now to fit

also on the upside the postman turned up with my new alloy rad and new fan

1c5a82e9.jpg

f1b6c7e3.jpg

6b94a13f.jpg

Awesome work man, have u removed the ABS completely or just changed the lines for it?

the abs has gone completely and the line were changed because they look like they seen better days,

Just seen you're from sunny dorset also. i need to see this!

i think i seen you about in poole before dan, and your more then welcome to come and see it

i think i seen you about in poole before dan, and your more then welcome to come and see it

You might have done, im in poole alot. there are two red glanza's about so keep a look out

I'd love to come see this mate. some real work has gone into it. could learn alot :)

how much work was this to do, I could do without the extra useless lump that is there atm mate

its not hard to do, but its alot easier to remove the abs with the engine out,

some serious work put into this, looks like a through build :) Bring this to shows please!!! absolute monster :)

i hope to be at some shows this year depending on money, as i really want to go to the nurburgring this year with it!

You might have done, im in poole alot. there are two red glanza's about so keep a look out

I'd love to come see this mate. some real work has gone into it. could learn alot :)

like i sed your more then welcome and if you can start it i take you for a spin!

dont spose you have any pics for a guide?!

right i there a spliter on the bulkhead that you remove and T the 2 rear lines in to, then then just run it to the master cylinder, use the hole on the top of the master cylinder, then do the same for the front brakes, using the hole on the side of the master cylinder,

i think you will have to make up your front lines in side the engine bay, because they run in to the abs unit but i 100% sure without looking

this one shows the 2 rear lines T together

ff204bcc.jpg

and this one is the master cylinder to the T for the rear line

8faef659.jpg

i hope this helps