how do i fit a seat harness with rear seats still in

My mate wanted to do this in his subaru. We just removed the rear seats, fitted some eyebolts, attached the harness to the bolts and re fitted the seats. He cant use the harness when theres people in the back tho, so he just slides it through the seat, puts it on the floor and uses the normal seatbelt if there is. Its only used it for trackdays anyway mind

You shouldnt put harness in if your planning on having passengers in the rear for the obvious reason that its dangerous for them if you have a crash.

I see a custom bar on a 2 door golf from the states on youtube, where it fits between the b pillars and can retract to let passengers in if that makes sence?

Bit of pain fitting them

I had harnesses in my old SR and had to drill through the floor to fit eye bolts correctly. Spoke to an MOT tester and he said they must be on eye bolts otherwise it will fail an MOT

I was wanting to do the same as you, but couldnt due to the above reason S:

adam

Theres two bolts under the back seat directly behind the passenger seat that the back bench bolts in to. I just bolted mine into there. If a passenger has to sit behind me they just have to put their legs on either side of the harness. No biggy ;)

That's what mine are like!

Theres two bolts under the back seat directly behind the passenger seat that the back bench bolts in to. I just bolted mine into there. If a passenger has to sit behind me they just have to put their legs on either side of the harness. No biggy :D

See theres what i was looking for ;) any chance of gettinh a pic mate?