clio 182 opinions??

yeah ive heard the cam belt is a rip off

i know a fair few mechanics and tbh id do it myself, not to bigger job i dont reckon, mind you havent done it on a clio before lol

have a look at the link???

Test drove loads of these. Pretty decent out the box handle good and like to rev, Tuning potential is pretty poor.

Engines have had all the BHP squeezed out of them already. im sure you could get a lil more but wouldnt be worth it. Only real way of geting big BHP gains is turbo/supercharge and your talking £££.

there not tbh mate, ive been looking for about a month now and for 4500 you can get a real nice example, with about 80k on clock, but in all fairness, if you look at average mileage on a 2000 reg is over 100k anyway really.

isn't it, its that or a civic type r really :thumbsup:

i still love these cars since my first car was a clio and i got pretty into them just never had the money to modify mine.

that one seems nice but as people have said it is french. had bad luck with mine. electrical problems constantly. leaky sunroof and guy i work with had to pay 600 quid to correct electrical faults in a 05 renault people carrier thing. i dunno if its worth it but id still like one but if i was in the place to have either your car or that one regardless of price id have yours but thats a biast opinion i suppose ;)

think thats quite smart, i like these to be honest, had one come right up along side me a few weeks ago with orange wheels and badges, guy was reving then looking at me wanting a race.. me and my mate just pointed and laughed even though he would have killed me ahaa wouldn't go from a glanza to one personally.

just had one of these in at work this week, was silver on an 05 plate. only done just over 60k, was suprised at how pokey it was being that it was the first time i had driven one. but an absolute MARE to work on. both back back boxes were rusted through, one hanger had snapped off one side and the rear breaks seem to be designed by stevie wonder. wouldnt bother with one over a glanza personally!

Dan.

just had one of these in at work this week, was silver on an 05 plate. only done just over 60k, was suprised at how pokey it was being that it was the first time i had driven one. but an absolute MARE to work on. both back back boxes were rusted through, one hanger had snapped off one side and the rear breaks seem to be designed by stevie wonder. wouldnt bother with one over a glanza personally!

Dan.

Looks tidy and their fantastic handling cars in my opinion ;)

O yeah forget to mention how bad these cars leak, mine and my sisters both leaked water through the sundaresan and the sunroof, mine was a 05 plate I bought second hand my sisters is a 55 plate she bought brand new and has cover 20,000 miles and still losses water throughout the sunroof

Tuning potential is non existent unless you turbocharge/supercharge it obviously but c'mon its French so I wouldnt even think about it :o

My mate has thrown £****'s into his including ITB's etc and its only just over 200hp!!

Not bad looking cars but personally you wont ever get me handing any money over for one ;)

The bloke that does my mapping has turbocharged his 182 engine and last time I saw it on the rollers it made 550bhp.I'm sure even more this year.

There's a few guys on rtoc running low boost and makeing decent power

I'm

sure it would be possible to get 250bhp in n/a form

IMO they are a really good car,handle well,look good