Went out testing our race car

hey guys, went up to mintex proving grounds today near leeds to test my uni project that we built pretty much from scratch, got it at begging of the year and it was just chassis with engine in. and it was a big day for us as the car hasnt been out or even run since about 2001/2002.

so thought i would share this moment with you all and show you some pics.

things were going well up until the engine started runnning like a bag of shit, after bringing it in and inspecting the engine turns out one of the cam followers has either broke or dropped out

so packed up n went home to fix it

here are some of the pics

the car is a Formula Ford Jamun and it running a 1600 kent engine

DSC_0089-3.jpg

DSC_0091-2.jpg

DSC_0092-2.jpg

DSC_0093-1.jpg

DSC_0094-3.jpg

DSC_0096-2.jpg

DSC_0101-2.jpg

DSC_0104-2.jpg

DSC_0110-3.jpg

Automotive and Motorsport is all the same course until 3rd year, for us anyway.

With Auto you dont get a choice of final modules to sit in the 3rd year whereas you can opt out of doing areo or materials.

dam that engine looks sweet, that would of made our jamun fast as lol, and as we got our engine out because it broke i may need to be pursuading people to make it like that :lol: although dont think the regs would allow it lol

stripped the engine down this morning and as we turned it over to drain the rest of the oil out a nice m6 bolt fell out in two parts (head and thread) along with some very broken cam follwers :( ill get the pics up later