Auto to manual conversion

6 speed FTW you won't regreat it mate but it's really easy to do, the hardest part was to drill the holes in the bulk head for the clutch pedal and it was really easy.

Have a look through the first few pages of my build it's all in there.

Just a huge update for me, got my 6speed g6r box fitted. Only got it back today and WOW its so different accelereation is emence prob so different as i've gone from a auto.

well i took picture from start to finish 51 intotal thats inc the cambelt to and all my service please not i used 3 different cameras so picture quality may differ parts.

We started by removing everything that wasnt needed anymore: Gearbox (really heavy compaired to the 6speed), drive shafts, shifter, pedals, torque converter and the ring gear,

SDC13047.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

DSC00747.jpg

DSC00751.jpg

DSC00750.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

SDC13044.jpg

SDC13043.jpg

SDC13053.jpg

then while the room was there set about drilling holes in the bulk head for clutch master really easy just 3 holes and running the gear linkages and pipe from master to slave.

also needed to sort out the problem of the key not coming out of the ign so i just centre punched the ing barrel when the lock was

SDC13045.jpg

after that then fitted the flywheel, exedy clutch, then sitting the g6r box in place with a few bolts to hold it in place while the slave cylinder and linkages were checked to see if they were routed correctly then finished securing the box re fitting the mounts then fitted the drive shaft (used my autobox ones as they were the same and the auto ones have only done 35k)

SDC13051.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

DSC00761.jpg

DSC00762.jpg

DSC00755.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

DSC00756.jpg

DSC00758.jpg

DSC00754.jpg

DSC00759.jpg

DSC00745.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00778.jpg

after that double checked everything was nice and tight and the connected slave and linkages up, then checked to see if it went in gear ok and it did!

before we went any further chris did the cambelt (gates power belt) and water pump as you can see my waterpump was leaking! but I never lost any water? chris seemed to think my original timing belt was a tooth out on the inlet before he did it also said it had tipex marks alread on the timing marks but one wasnt in the right place oooops does seem to run better now.

DSC00769.jpg

DSC00768.jpg

DSC00770.jpg

DSC00767.jpg

DSC00771.jpg

DSC00773.jpg

DSC00774.jpg

after that then finished putting thing back on like pipes bridging the two wires so it would start which i got the info from Enzo 4x4 built tread Thank you! fitting wheels and doing the service and filling the box with brand spanking new oil new fuel filter which was full of shit oil filter and semi synthetic oil.

DSC00779.jpg

DSC00780.jpg

then i let chris take it for the first drive as he did most of the work lol. came back with the biggest smile.

this weekend I'll be fitting the fmic kit and fcd turning the boost up and sorting the afr out.

Looks abit tricky, lol