• 4 weeks later...

Ended up taking the coilovers out, I use this car as a training car for my daughters on their learners, it was not a good learner car with them in, so back to stock.

What, if any problems, have people had installing lowered springs with standard shocks? I have heard this places more strain on the original ones. Is it better to get a lowering spring/shock combo?

cheers

Ralph

My old Tarago copped another flogging today, giving up the rear wiper, (it already donated the clear side indicators) it looks more modern and better suits the Scarlet. I will have to buy another one for the bus though. Thoughts on this mod??

P1000941Medium.jpg

P1000942Medium.jpg

cheers

Ralph

Guest Enzo

as hes said, yea the excel gs are cheap enough also and aparently 15% firmer

but what ive found tends to happen with lowering springs is the rear shocks go frequently, thats assuming you do 36000 miles a year expect to go through atleast 2 sets in that time if you live around a place with bad roads..

Got my side skirts (cheers Ben), put them on today, the fit is still not 100% up close but will fix that in the upcoming weeks.

I am gathering the side clips you need to drill into the body, or use some sort of silicone adhesive? to bring the skirt closer to the body.

P1000950Medium.jpg

P1000949Medium.jpg

P1000952Medium.jpg

P1000951Medium.jpg

Happy with them though, was going to rattle can paint them but they came up OK with a polish.....will do until I respray the car.

cheers

Ralph

Took about an hour, not that hard really, if i can do it any one can. Just gotta get an OEM leather steering wheel, cheers for the comments.

cheers

ralph

nice and low mate :) just woundering have u still got your old struts?

cheers jonnytdi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been busy lately, put on my rain gaurds.

P1000994Medium.jpg

Had a run in with huge rock!!

P1010002Medium.jpg

And fitted my Paseo seats. Also took the opportunity to shampoo the carpets while the seats were out.

P1010006Medium.jpg

cheers

Ralph

• 3 months later...