Remap/Blitz ECU

they cant be remapped mate, all the after market ecu's you hear of (blitz, jam, sard etc) actually use daughter-boards wired into the stock ecu board, because its impossible to crack the stock ecu due to the complicated system toyota use to prevent such a thing.

thats why the aftermarket ecu's are so sought after :D

Not at all, it all depends what it was originally mapped for. Alot say the JAM is mapped more aggressively, but there are indeed a few versions of the jam too, along with other versions of the specific ecu's.

if your mods match the ecu's mapping, then it'll be bloody superb (as the new owner of my blitz ecu will report), but if not then obviously it wont be performing to its full capabilities.

there are many floating about, at the end of the day you'll never beat a fully mappable item (emanage, power fc etc) but they're a good step-to really, if you can match the mapping (although its almost impossible to know what the original mapping is usually as the japs dont really tell you).

eh?

like i said, unless you know the mapping, whether its aggressive or not wont matter, the only way you'll be able to modify the ignition/fuel timing/curves will be with an emanage (£250 for everything including the harnesses and sensors approximately, plus fitting and mapping, so prob the same price as an ecu, plus it'll be mapped exactly for your circumstances).

i'm keeping an eye out for more ecu's, one went today for around the 450 mark on tgtt. if i spot any i'll post em up here.

• 4 weeks later...

yo ecksjay..dont quote me on this...as i cant verify it.....but a buddy of mine has a standard ecu which was "supposedly" done by some place in california a while back........its not the usual JAM, Blitz, MINES.........but it does have all the restrictions removed (fuel, boost, rev) and appears to have a much improved fuel/ignition curve

i guess we could take it out and look at it........but i dont think he will be very interested in opening the cover to see if it has an "additional" board attached or otherwise.........all i can say is that's he's happy with it and it runs 1 bar nicely.....even heard it can run more

but it does have all the restrictions removed (fuel, boost, rev) and appears to have a much improved fuel/ignition curve

You might find this is a piggy-back EPROM -- kind of like the DASTEK Unichip. They're ok, but it's all dependant on the person tuning the car. And it will only be tuned for that stage of mods. If you uprate anything drastically you'll have to get the EPROM re-mapped.

i guess that's a possibility.....i dont know too much about the dastek chip (except its piggy back)......but can the dastek chip fit into the existing standard ecu housing?.........i also assume it has to have in some kind of eprom......but i dont think he will open it ...lol

Unless you know exactly what mods the ecu was tuned for, forget it.

As great as JAM and Blitz access ecu's are, i would choose the emanage over one unless i knew what they were mapped on.

if you can find one thats been tuned for basically your mods, go for one and they will be amazing.

if not, stick to an emanage etc. something you can finetune to your car :p