Meister R Coilovers

Hello,

Your probably all sick of hearing about my suspension problems but realy dont know what else to do so ill ask again anyway :D

Having issues with my rear Meister R coilovers, ik getting a kind of clonking noise from what i think is the top of the rear suspension.

Now ive been under the car, the bottom of the shock is attached tight, theres is no play. i pushed up and down on the rear of the car whilst my dad watched the bottom, no noise or play at all.

Have taken the adjusted of the top mount and tightend allen key, still getting same problem.

Shocks are basicaly brand new, had no problem for first couple of weeks they were fitted. noise only seems to come when i turn the steering when driving, even slight adjustment to steering can cause the noise..

ANy ideas, if some one can figure out what this is i owe you big time!!!!

Hello,

Your probably all sick of hearing about my suspension problems but realy dont know what else to do so ill ask again anyway :D

Having issues with my rear Meister R coilovers, ik getting a kind of clonking noise from what i think is the top of the rear suspension.

Now ive been under the car, the bottom of the shock is attached tight, theres is no play. i pushed up and down on the rear of the car whilst my dad watched the bottom, no noise or play at all.

Have taken the adjusted of the top mount and tightend allen key, still getting same problem.

Shocks are basicaly brand new, had no problem for first couple of weeks they were fitted. noise only seems to come when i turn the steering when driving, even slight adjustment to steering can cause the noise..

ANy ideas, if some one can figure out what this is i owe you big time!!!!

is it definatly a bang or is it lik a springing noise

definatly not a springing noise. to be honest wouldnt say bang was the right word either. its more of a loud metal sounding click if that makes sense?

does any one know if the rear coilover have to be fitted in a particular was aswell or do they only fit one way?

Just dropping by and saw this. :D

Check the drop links as that is where alot of time noise come from.

Do you have any other suspension mod (Anti-Lift Kit, etc)?

The rear use rubber bushes top mount, so normally they don't make any noise.

Most of the time noise come from worn bushes, drop links, or just contact with other parts of the car.

Check carefully to see if there are anything making contact.

ill have another gander, couldnt see anything out of the ordinary. Seems to clear everything else fine. have no other suspension mods at all.

its wierd as didnt do it for first few weeks and its just kinda come about and seems to be getting more frequent.

I am not sure how low you have the car, but check the front brake line to make sure it is clearing the chassis.

As on the Starlet, if you lower it enough, the brake line bracket on the damper can come in contact with the brake line bracket on the chassis when the wheel are slightly turn.

I doubt that is the case, but worth checking it out as you said it is dependent on the turn of the steering wheel.

Other thing to check for is like steering rack, rod end, etc.

this is the wired thing, its definatly coming from the rear.

Sounds strange as i know shouldnt have anything to do with the steering, the front is absoloutly fine though.

Been racking my brains for weeks just cant figure it out lol

my suggestion as i had exactlysame prolem with bcs on the front. when stationary nothing would make the noise. if u take the top mount off. there should be a big 17mm ish nut. mine was barely on the threads let alone tight. i tightened it up. no more knocking/ clicking. try that bud and report back

ill give it a try.... i have put a spanner on the pic nut at the top then put an allen key in the middle and tightend it, it was already pretty tight! same problem. i didnt have to take the top mount of to do this. ithink im just gonna have to take the rear suspension of and investigate, can seem me getting to the botton of it still on the car

Just dropping by and saw this. :D

Check the drop links as that is where alot of time noise come from.

Do you have any other suspension mod (Anti-Lift Kit, etc)?

The rear use rubber bushes top mount, so normally they don't make any noise.

Most of the time noise come from worn bushes, drop links, or just contact with other parts of the car.

Check carefully to see if there is anything making contact.

totaly on the ball with the speedyness of your reply Jerrick, thanx :D

sounds weird, which side is it coming from?

if its coming from behind you, check the exhaust because you've just put a japspeed 1 on havent you?

could have worn the bushes if you re-used the older 1s, and if your driving it hard around corners with your new coily's its more likely to sway and could just be the exhaust :D

More then likely isnt down to the Coilovers mate, heard nothing but good things about Meisters.

Would check everything else mate. Do you have a aftermarket Rear ARB? As mine knocks like a bastard on every little bump.