** HELP!! ** run into problems after......................

hi guys, right where do i start......................

i cleaned my engine bay up on saturday, took TMIC off and gave the rocker cover a good scrubbing, using some degreaser and wire wool, not too much de greaser tho, i took off the rubber seals at the top of the spark plugs, and had a good clean.......................

then when everything was put back together it is not boosting right, its getting upto about 6 psi or so and its kind of spluttering (like struggling to get any more power), like just holding on that boost at 6 psi (normally runs at ten) its kind of a juddering but not a massively

do you think anything from the wire wool particles, or some of the de greaser could of gone down the spark plugs? would that cause the car to do this? or anything else could i have knocked a sensor off somewhere or something?

thanks for any help :D

im at a loose end as i am new to glanza's :(

on the upside th engine looks better! :D

did you replace the spark plug seals or reuse the same ones and did you get any degreaser inside the dizzy at all ?

Hi mate, i used the same ones, pulled them up and then replaced when i was done cleaning, i am pretty sure i did not get any de greaser in the dizzy, but i suppose a bit could of leaked in there or ran into it when i was not looking, what ya thinkin?

:(

Sounds like you have a boost leak,check your hoses are on correctly and the jubilee clips are tight.

Also take your spark plug leads out of the engine one by one and make sure they're not wet!

If they are you have water down your plug holes, you'llneed to dry them, don't take the plugs out though or the water'llget in your engine!

HTH

Sounds like you have a boost leak,check your hoses are on correctly and the jubilee clips are tight.

Also take your spark plug leads out of the engine one by one and make sure they're not wet!

If they are you have water down your plug holes, you'llneed to dry them, don't take the plugs out though or the water'llget in your engine!

HTH

hi mate, the only hose i took off was the inlen mani to rocker cover pcv valve, i put it back on tight but i will give them all a check, will check he spark plugs too, will go and get myself a spark plug remover :D there was not any water about but do you think a bit of de greaser could of gone down there? as if it did would that cause this?

thanks for the replies :(

Hi Mate,

It might be shorting one of your plugs.

Sorry i meant check your tmic pipes/hoses are correctly fitted and are tight

sound mate, will do that and hopefully it will sort it from what i can gather! **hoping** i know one of the clips to the intercooler is tight but not too tight as the clip has bust so will get a new one tommorow and get that on there and get inspecting those plugs :p:lol:

hi guys, right where do i start......................

i cleaned my engine bay up on saturday, took TMIC off and gave the rocker cover a good scrubbing, using some degreaser and wire wool, not too much de greaser tho, i took off the rubber seals at the top of the spark plugs, and had a good clean.......................

then when everything was put back together it is not boosting right, its getting upto about 6 psi or so and its kind of spluttering (like struggling to get any more power), like just holding on that boost at 6 psi (normally runs at ten) its kind of a juddering but not a massively

do you think anything from the wire wool particles, or some of the de greaser could of gone down the spark plugs? would that cause the car to do this? or anything else could i have knocked a sensor off somewhere or something?

thanks for any help :p

im at a loose end as i am new to glanza's :lol:

on the upside th engine looks better! :p

i did the same as you mate with cleaning there will be water in the plugs or degreasant it will run like a bag of poop if there is degreasant in there so you need to clean out inside do a google search and you should find what you need to do my cleared up after few days if you have water inside i read it can rust and make changing plugs in the future a pain so try and dry it out

i did the same as you mate with cleaning there will be water in the plugs or degreasant it will run like a bag of poop if there is degreasant in there so you need to clean out inside do a google search and you should find what you need to do my cleared up after few days if you have water inside i read it can rust and make changing plugs in the future a pain so try and dry it out

will get cleaning tommorow for sure, cheers for the reply mate! im glad it is just that and can be easily solved and nothing really really serious, started crapping myself when it first happened! :lol: