Best discs for road & track

Thanks for that David! :)

Sounds like GT4s are what I need then :p

Waiting on Taggy to let me know how his brakes were last year, before I try and source some GT4 brakes then, no point buying new brakes if they're not good for what I need. May as well pay more for brakes that'll do the job first time round!

Thanks again everyone for the feedback

^ i find that it is more reliable to go from previous experience or experience through another on starlets rather than go by that chart.

Green stuff have such BAD reviews its unbelievable but their chart says otherwise

^ i find that it is more reliable to go from previous experience or experience through another on starlets rather than go by that chart.

Green stuff have such BAD reviews its unbelievable but their chart says otherwise

Indeed, whether the picture says track or no track use I'ms till gonna use them on track :)

Yeah Asad if I was to get grooved it would be the ones with fewer grooves :)

Idrees I saw this when you first posted and was put off 3g..? lol

Would you still rate the 3g's? I have seen a few reports on 3Gs cracking but never really heard anything bad about CRN discs.

Tbh I didn't know how long the 3Gs were on the car before I bought them, they could have been on there for years. I had them on my white Glanza when I bought them with Green stuff pads and the stopping power was very impressive! The CRNs are rubbish, I'd never recommend them.

Greens are RUBBISH under heavy use even on my NA, never buying them again lol

Tbh I didn't know how long the 3Gs were on the car before I bought them, they could have been on there for years. I had them on my white Glanza when I bought them with Green stuff pads and the stopping power was very impressive! The CRNs are rubbish, I'd never recommend them.

Cool cool I'll get 3G's then if I have to keep the stock calipers :)

Brembo with Ferodo pads :p

Yeah yeah stop showing off Mr 350Z :p

Currently on the hunt for GT4 brakes!

Greens are RUBBISH under heavy use even on my NA, never buying them again lol

Cool cool I'll get 3G's then if I have to keep the stock calipers :p

Yeah yeah stop showing off Mr 350Z :p

Currently on the hunt for GT4 brakes!

:( I still fancy better brakes...must resist!...

This is here for temptation by the way :) ...

..... http://speedvisioncps.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=123

When i was on track at llandow and cadwell park and bedford autodrome on td04 i found my setup to be spot on.

Standard discs

Yellowstuff pads

Cusco bmcs

braided brake lines

Standard rear pads

Dot 5.1 fluid

Ahh man so many differing experiences! lol

ive got yellow stuff pads grooved discs 5.1 fluid and i can get them to fade easy i deffo want bigger brakes but they aint cheap!
When i was on track at llandow and cadwell park and bedford autodrome on td04 i found my setup to be spot on.

Standard discs

Yellowstuff pads

Cusco bmcs

braided brake lines

Standard rear pads

Dot 5.1 fluid

You guy's setups are almost the same, looks like OEM discs are better then?

Still gonna try and get GT4 setup though worst comes to worst by July if I can't get hold of anything then I'll get some new OEM discs and Yellows/Reds

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Enzo

sorry ive not read all the coments, ive had all three types of discs and they all crack, they are a wearable item after all - on this premis id only go for oem theres little or no perofmrance with grooves, you wont notice it, + it might even wwair the pad down faster dependant on some brands and drilled is just not needed on a light car like an ep it will just increase the risk of warping cracking so plain oem for the win there.

what helps most with a brake fade when hounding it on the track is decent dot 5.1 brake fluid(higher boiling point) and ventilation to the discs(corigated pipe) those will stop the fade

to increase the pedal feal a bmcs and braded lines(stoping balooning) work well

then use your pads to suite

the last track day with athena i had no brake faid and managed to set the pads on fire when coming back into the pits

• 2 weeks later...

Plain discs get my vote. EBC Reds are a good starting point, Yellows are better for more powerful cars/track etc.

Then you go up a bit in price to Ferodo (DS2500 and DS3000), Mintex and the like.

Then there's Pagid, Performance Friction, Carbotech etc etc.

Of course starting with the Toyota caliper doesn't help, a nice set of 4-pots really shifts the odds in your favour! (cheap pads/discs too) :)

We only supply grooves if the customer is very keen, or a car happens to have really squealy brakes - the grooves break up the resonance a bit which helps.

I've been using Yellows with vented discs on the GT and reckon they are pants lol

Aaanyhoo I've got a set of single piston GT4 calipers, 280mm discs and stock GT4 pads to hopefully go on this coming week :)

• 2 weeks later...