car wont go faster than 202ks, 120mph

ive tried to see what my glanza will do now a few times and it wont go past 120 but will get there fairly quickly, the way its geared theres no danger it it will go over this speed but just sit there all day as its running out of revs hitting that speed, goin down hill dosent really make much of a difference either, it has a pivot speed meter which disables the speed limiter so......

i thought glanzas were capable of alot faster so was wandering what the craic was with this,

u may well have the TRD final drive setup in there nice piece of kit and £800ish, but it does do that it makes u accelrate like crazy but hit the roof at a top speed of 120ish

sounds like the speed limiter to me mate, is it just sitting there or bouncing off like its being limited?

if not, then si may be right, it may have shorter gearing (which would make sense if it was a track motor) meaning it gets there chuffing fast but wont do much more.

120mph, it might read that bro but it may not be the true figure.

more than likely the speed cut.

have you got a speed cut defencer ?

mine tops out at about 120mph according to the clock.. with still plenty to go in 5th. not exactly much point going faster though in a starlet lol

lol its not speed cut, my old glanza had speed cut, lol

it has a pivot speed meter, the job of that is to remove speed cut, at 6500 rpms im just under 202ks so running out of revs,

@greame = cunt lol

neither does mine :) are you sure you have not brought a tarted up n/a :lol:

the way is see it is that if it gets there very very fast then thats gotta be more fun than having a higher top speed. if my top speed was only 70 but it got there in 5 secs i would be happy as hell. but thats prob just me :lol:

lol i dont mind to be honest, if it does have a closer gearset all the better for it, only downside is i wont be able to chase the type r boys and big-g

speedcut spoiled the fun three times against those ep3 fuckers in my old glanza :lol::) ;) :):lol:

Oh yeah and i never said that i'm glad you were ok after that big accident. :)

And the new car is absolutely quality, i love the Weds SA90's the colour and the JAM lip on the 96 bumper is interesting, and just the whole JDM look of the car. :lol:

No more accidents with this one the a?!

it has a sard ecu?

correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure those remove the speed limiter altogether, in the same muchness as the blitz and jam units do, so why there's a pivot thing in there i dont know.

ive no idea what rpm im doing at that sort of speeds but yours does sound a little high (may be wrong though, done usually have time to check).

your right, the pivot acurately measures your correct speed and takes the inacuracys from your actual tacho aswell as performing other functions, including disabeling speed cut,

checked today, with rich what his reading is on his rev counter when he is crusing at 60 miles an hour in sixth gear which was 2800 rpm,

mines was higher at 3200rpm.

Indeed Geo

Not surpised it has some 'extra' refinements, it wouldnt be a JAM glanza for nothing lol.

Let the test driving continue.

Everythings moving well my side mukker :lol:

Talk soon

Joz

Indeed Geo

Not surpised it has some 'extra' refinements, it wouldnt be a JAM glanza for nothing lol.

Let the test driving continue.

Everythings moving well my side mukker :lol:

Talk soon

Joz

not sure its an actual 'jam' car as such, just got some nice parts from them, plus they dont do final drives, thats where TRD come in :p