fte throttle body on N/A

i bought a fte throttle body and gen1 corolla manifold off of miib14 not long ago and recently tried fitting it to my n/a,

the manifold went on fine but i cant get the throttle body to run properly for example not ticking over and when it does it revs really high,

the engine management light is always on,

and the plugs are different for the throttle position sensor is that anything to do with it?

if so how do i get around this as i have heard this does work and it is a good gain for an n/a

would really appreciate it if anyone can help

keiran

try adjusting the TPS (throttle position sensor on the side of the TB) this happened when we fitted it for the first time to my old n/a

(was the TB off an auto? think the sensor has 1 extra pin for the auto? someone will confirm or say im wrong i really cant remember)

you will enjoy the gains :)

as everyone has said, chris is the best person to talk you through it...

and ali he has my old one. its from the first gen corolla 4efe and is more or less exactly the same manifold as the turbo one

as everyone has said, chris is the best person to talk you through it...

and ali he has my old one. its from the first gen corolla 4efe and is more or less exactly the same manifold as the turbo one

yea definatly contact chris :) i had that exact setup on my old n/a loved it

the gen 1 corolla mani is the same as the fte mani, and the auto tps has 4 pins so wont work on the n/a

you need to get hold of a manual glanza tb bud. unless chris knows a way around it, but knowing him he probably does lol

cheers for that everyone

had a good long chat with chris and im gonna have a go at fitting it tomorrow! :)

keiran.

sorry if i dribble on a bit mate. right things i need to know = wat ignition system u running, wat pin plug is your starlet TB (pic if ness), check all vac pipes inplace (fuel reg always gets left out). new gaskets needed (use gasket paper for the TB, as its dead easy to cut with stanly). also unscrew your idle valve off your oldTB and plug it back in and tie it up some wer under bonnet, its located under your starlet throttle port 2x philips screws.

chris