people with HID from the shorty group buy ?

you kno the hid loom what connects to the cars loom i have noticed there is only one loom which is on the drivers side the little black box from the hid what connects to the car loom now on the other side the passengers side theres no hid loom :s so the cars loom the brown wei box has nothing to plug into hmmmmmmmmm whats the deal there i have connected them all up and earthed the wires what need to be earthed but no HID coming on so obv its due to the other loom but theres none lol

any one have the same problem with that?

if you mean the white clip which connects into the car headlight loom there is only one on mine also and mine works perfectly get a pic of what ya struggling with buddy

mine went live to battery earthed it to under the washerjet bottle and then earthed the other side near the battery tray , then clipped the one white clip into my car head loom , tucked the other one from the other headlight away and wallah :)

heres hows its set up ......

am i missing somthing?

only thing i can think is the kit been faulty as i kno these HIDs can be dodgy at times...

earth:main power

IMG_0716.jpg

other earth

IMG_0713.jpg

other earth

IMG_0711.jpg

connected up

IMG_0708.jpg

car loom left open since no hid loom to go in

IMG_0715.jpg

also, when they work (after that wire is changed). they will go on hi/low, but i suspect the light on the dash wont work.

let me know here, and i will post the fix for you, its a simple fix that costs a couple of quid from a electrical shop

weyheeyyy we have lift off! about bloody time ahahhahaha

it was the earths !

now the only thing did people put the rubber casing back on as it seems like theres no way of it going to fit back on the hid is mucho fatter!

wouldnt mind it back on tbh!

trisk yea it doesnt work in the dash when have full beams on!

do these act as full beams as well or what?

which side of the car is your little black box fitted?

from what i remember about them one headlight simply takes a signal from the other one, so if you have fitted it to the wrong headlight the other wont get a signal, try swapping sides and see if that works

LOL glad you sorted it pal i did reply to your pm as soon as i came on. The rubber covers i never re fitted i have seen people put them back on before tho so i do know it is possible if these are on a V the dash light should work fine also mine does :)

I dunno why on some cars the light works and on otjhers it dont.

I did say i would swop the kit idf they was faulty but now there working we know they aint...

ok what you need to do to get the hi-beam indicator working:

in order to know if the car is on hibeam it uses resistance in the wiring to tell the car.

you can do it with resistors etc, but you can also put a bulb in the wiring and that will work, just put a spare h4 bulb in the holder.

you could possibly do it with a blown bulb/a stripped bulb (smash all the glass etc off, so it is just the metal base.

if that doesnt work, then you can do it with a resisor. i can post a digram

would like to say cheers lads for the help my problem is i just dont read intrusctions i just get stuck in LOL!!

cheers to shorty excellent service/yes indeed said would send another pack out if it was the kit! sent them out on the day i paid so recived next day :)

the quality of these kits are excellent the ones i had for my supra were really thin and crappy quality!

the light doesnt come on the dash but hey who cares its just alight to tell you if high beams are on when you can check by just seeing if the stalk is pointed towards the dash