glanza throttle body on n/a

I bought a corolla manifold and fte tb for my n/a and was having loads of proplems fitting it.

But it was well worth that long wait and hassle!

i spoke to chris (nastyrash2003) and he talked me through it and now it runs sweeeet!

all of you n/a owners, this is a brilliant upgrade, you wont be disappointed!

Big thanks to chris, couldnt have done it without you mate

Keiran.

For anyone reading this who isn't in the know, it was the AE101 shape corolla manifold he fitted ie the Gen1 4efe inlet mani (same as fte inlet mani)

Has the new unlet system affected mpg at all? As that's the only reason I'm not doing it, heard it makes the car drink a lot

For anyone reading this who isn't in the know, it was the AE101 shape corolla manifold he fitted ie the Gen1 4efe inlet mani (same as fte inlet mani)

Has the new unlet system affected mpg at all? As that's the only reason I'm not doing it, heard it makes the car drink a lot

not sure at the moment as i only fitted it today but will let you no what its like

Lol dunno Ryan said his car used close to twice as much fuel on a long run to Leicester than it usually would have done but I don't know what his driving was like :)

yep lads it does have the foot down affect but u will only be fueling a 1.6 aimed at hp predictions around 100hp, but the trottle has been opend up so a little goes a very long way key is smooth accle like u would in a 2.0 car.

chris.

p.s the bigger injectors will help fuel acon. if driven for this porpose. you can get the corrola gen 1 TB on if you start to drink it will pull the power down and hurt throttle responce.

lee, (red11) is the man 2 speak 2 about the fueling he ran this system for a year or so and a student wen he did, he was the first with my 90+hp mod for the N/A.

It's not really your mod, your just copying the gen1 engines.(The best thing to do!) I've been running almost like this for 5 years untill I tried the tubular Corolla manifold and then went back to the gen1 manifold!

Fuel consumption does suffer!

Gavin

ok its a toyota parts granted lol. but as far as i can see im the first to sus this out and promote it. as my phone is full of people wanting more info and thy cant find anything on the net about it. i know of a better manifold that will fit but need to try it and sus out the gains ie pros and cons. and hope i do not push up the power band to high. and it is very easy to say now, that you was running this after the event. no 1 knew about this mod a short time ago. and has tuk me ages to get people to trust in my tuneing.

p.s by the way i have never seen or had my hands on a gen 1 jdm starlet. and the corrola is only 88hp and has a tiny throttle body so that dont count. im sure thr is a few lads on here that will back me up. even the corrola lads on the ae101 site did not know about the turbo TB.

i am putting together a ram air kit for the glanza rep guys that have the scoop in the bonnet. it will mount on the intercooler brackets and give predicted gains of 3-4% at 100mph. going to fit this to a lads car at the mm day. now that 1 will be mine.

ok its a toyota parts granted lol. but as far as i can see im the first to sus this out and promote it. as my phone is full of people wanting more info and thy cant find anything on the net about it. i know of a better manifold that will fit but need to try it and sus out the gains ie pros and cons. and hope i do not push up the power band to high. and it is very easy to say now, that you was running this after the event. no 1 knew about this mod a short time ago. and has tuk me ages to get people to trust in my tuneing.

p.s by the way i have never seen or had my hands on a gen 1 jdm starlet. and the corrola is only 88hp and has a tiny throttle body so that dont count. im sure thr is a few lads on here that will back me up. even the corrola lads on the ae101 site did not know about the turbo TB.

I've never run a Corolla throttle body! but... True, I was using a smaller throttle body, I had an idea I should be using a bigger one but it's taken me about two years to get around to finding one I liked and I still have not got it fitted yet. Thats's why I said "almost" in my last post.

Yes it is very easy to say things after the fact but my "New Members" thread, although only about 2 years old (before you even joined UKSC) kinda shows how long i've been running this manifold for, it also says why I tried the tubular Corolla manifold and why I had to use a smaller throttle body (it's all I had on hand at the time that would work with the UK ECU without hacking things left, right and center.) My New Members Thread So my point... I'm not saying it after the fact!

The JDM GI/ gen1 engine aint all that, not running on standard ECU's anyway.

Anyway we only have the same goal in mind, Faster Starlets!

Maybe we should share thoughts about n/a tuning sometime.

Gavin

i am putting together a ram air kit for the glanza rep guys that have the scoop in the bonnet. it will mount on the intercooler brackets and give predicted gains of 3-4% at 100mph. going to fit this to a lads car at the mm day. now that 1 will be mine.

Yeah it will! but... I am working on something for the intake also, Check my build thread!

Gavin

I don't know u gavin but I can say chris Is a genius.! His knowledge is amazing and he genuinly wants to push the n/a. Not for money but so he can prove what no1 has done and getting big bhp. He's currently doing my and matt (drongo) an inlet mani and has been amaingly helpful. I can say alot of others will defo agree.! Top man

P.s nothin for the scoopless n/a chris.? Lol airfilter wise.

I don't know u gavin but I can say chris Is a genius.! His knowledge is amazing and he genuinly wants to push the n/a. Not for money but so he can prove what no1 has done and getting big bhp. He's currently doing my and matt (drongo) an inlet mani and has been amaingly helpful. I can say alot of others will defo agree.! Top man

P.s nothin for the scoopless n/a chris.? Lol airfilter wise.

What he is telling people is nothing new, Mr Toyota did it years and years ago with the gen1 engines. I see someone copying Toyota not working things out for himself. And that's all you can do! It's what i'm doing but I am NOT claiming I came up with the idea becauise I didn't, Toyota did!

I'm not denying he was the first to inform people and spread the word!

Gavin

• 2 weeks later...