Hey, I'm not really much of a poster but I need some advice and maybe a lil bit of charity. :p

Righty then... Literally I've just come out of a five and a half year relationship and I've been wanting a Turbo Starlet 82/91 for quite a while now...

However after spending all day on Youtube watching videos of Clio 200 with a Cup chassis my Parent's though it'd be a good idea for them to book me a test drive for today.

Well I've just gotten back from a test drive in the 200 and it was absolutely lovely, great feedback from the steering, lovely noise from the standard exhaust/induction and a really nice place to sit with the Recaros however I'm not sure if I'd be spending £18,642 just for the sake of it.

Y'know trying to fill the void from what my Girlfriend has left but saying that I'm weirdly not missing her, this could be down to the fact that I know the relationship has been dead for the past year.

Maybe I'm wanting something to channel my time into?

Would I be a mug to spend £18k on a fantastic new car at 20 years of age?

Surely I should just spend £4'ish'K on a mint Quadlight/Glanza cause I know it sounds sad but I don't wanna be driving the 200 and then I see a Starlet and I think dayumn - I wanna be modding it etc.

I'd be buying the Clio on finance, and obviously when it comes to servicing etc I'd have to take off the bits and bobs so they don't think I'm modifying it.

I am in a secure job so I'm not threating about losing the job regarding the finance.

However, I've never been in a Turbo Starlet before.

Does anyone live in/around Ipswich/Colchester that could let me ride shotgun in their Turbo.?

I am fully aware the Starlet will be loud, raw, old and it'll probably have that old skool feel about it, something that is completely opposite to the 200 but before I spend so much on a Clio I really do want to make sure I'm not gonna be missing the Starlet.

Oh and I had an itb fully stripped Saxo so I am used to the raw feeling.

Cheers for the help (I hope. B))

Agree with everyone else on the finance front! Just buy what you can afford now. Clio's are not mod friendly at all either. The only way to extract some power out of them is to turbo/ supercharge them; 1. your talking ££££ to get that done 2. Not sure if they have developed a turbo or supercharger kit for the 200 yet?

Orr... You can buy a car which IS mod friendly AND already has a turbo. Oh and forgot to mention this will save you about £15,000 B)

I know what i would do! haha

Save your money son and get a GT, no need to put a big loan round your neck at your age! go for a spin in one first and see what you think, preferably a TD04 one B)

right nows the best time to buy gt/glanza u can get a really good spec one for 4500k or less it really is a buyers market
right nows the best time to buy gt/glanza u can get a really good spec one for 4500k or less it really is a buyers market

Very true, I wish I waited a couple of months before getting mine. Such good spec ones going silly cheap!

J

I'd say the starlet, although i'm the kind of person that'd hate to be in debt. bear in mind, as soon as you drive the clio out of the forecourt its lost thousands straight away, but you'll be paying more die to the finance.

id say go for the starlet, then you have plenty of cash to get a good one, insure and run it. possibly even mod it if you wanted to.

Glanza mate,

look better

it wont break down

few tweeks and bye bye clio

Cilo looks better

Lol. It's a brand new car it won't break down. Even if it does it would be under warranty

It would take more than a few " tweaks "

I do like the new renault sport range.

IMHO get like an 07 reg one. And save your self around 8k

Glanza mate,

look better

it wont break down

few tweeks and bye bye clio

your joking right?

a glanza that wont break down?

they break down all the time

new renaults build quality is fantastic and i no that i would happily swap my glanza for a new clio sport cup

its depends what you wont from a car

if i had 18k to spend on a car i would get a tidy glanza for 4k and also a run around like a mx5 or 1.4clio aswell

get the glanza mint and enjoy it and have a shitter thats reliable for daily use

18k on a clio says it all B)

Saying that a 25k Focus *cough* RS couldnt even get past me until I was on the Jap speed limiter the other day, oh and thats at .6bar boost with a cracked manifold :p

New hot hatches cant touch the old ones FACT!

Get a GT or Glanza for a few years then when your 25 spunk 18k on a real car