Should my Fuel needle be at the bottom of the indicator in the off position?

I've probably already answered this myself but i want to check.

Should my Fuel needle be at the bottom of the indicator in the off position, rising to its current level when switched to the on position?

Currently its staying at a certain level but will still go down with use.....

Thanks

yh, in the starlets they don't go up and down with the ignition.It just tells you the correct fuel level even when car is off. Which is good for theives lol.

i find aswell, if you are completely empty, it goes well below the end of the indicator, on my glanza atleast, although that could just be a problem with the lining up the needles

also if you go from empty to full, it take a minute or two or raise all teh way up

i find if the petrol light in on, it will come on more uphill and go off downhill

(i think this is where the sensor is rather than genuine efficiency)

i will have to try the round about trick :)

also the petrol guage does this thing where it sort of glows, getting brighter and darker fading out at you

You mean that the fuel gauge always tell you the actual level? Even with the ignition off?

All my Toyotas, go down when off rise to the correct level when ignition on.

I'm from Greece, but even my ep70 that is converted to turbo-s is going down when off.

On the other hand, it's normal that the level moves when turning. Every car do that, some are just more sensitive than others.