6 speed gearbox on a starlet

I am looking to get a 6 speed gearbox for the n/a

Someone has already got it fitted to there car,

What I want to know is the gear ratios and what speed do you get as you go through the gears, also with it being 6 gears I want to know what's revs it drops too on 6th on the motorway and at what speed can you start to drive it at in 6th gear,

and has any one used the standard clutch or updated clutch with the 6speed?

6th takes 500rpm off 5th I have all the ratios on my build thread you only get about 24mph out of 1st and 40 out of 2nd 3rd is were the magic starts but 1st ans second are over in about two seconds but i have a turbo

i will have a look at your build later on. which page is it on?

also what i want to know is how it affects the power band as mine mainly kicks in at 4K revs will this mean i will get better access to the power as i will be accessing it more when i change gears?

as when i currently go through the gears 1st 2nd and 3rd peak as i change, the revs will drop to 4K area in the next gear.

will this be the same or will it drop more lower than 4K mark say 3700K? or less to about 42500K???

its on the first page i think, the thing i noticed was its take alot of load off the engine so you'll find you'll have more of a power band and save shit loads of fuel, it will feel like you have a shit load more torque and instead of dropping a gear you'll find you wont have to

just had a quick read of the build,

yeah i like the idea of not having to drop the gear to access the power will help, also will this give you more on fuel economy? as thats what i am also thinking, the cost involved changing it over it should save me money in fuel in long term and should pay itself off slowly in the long run?

just want to know if anyone has done it to an n/a before?

anyone?

the N/A box has a smaller final drive ratio i think and the 6 speed has the same final ratio as the turbo 5 speed box, so under that guess i would say u will see a better top speed and a nice change over from low speeds through to top end. luke will tell me if im wrong about the N/A final drive.

chris

Well first gear speed is wrong because mine wouldn't go faster that 27mph and topped out in 6th at 145mph

luke, that is based on my engine turning it, and i am running 181 bhp.

if you have a dyno graph for your car i can model it on your engine

Don't matter what hp your running it's all about revs limit and ratio. Your subjected to drive ratio weather your running 500hp or 5hp you'll just get there quicker

Don't matter what hp your running it's all about revs limit and ratio. Your subjected to drive ratio weather your running 500hp or 5hp you'll just get there quicker

the difference could be that i guessed at 12% loss through the drive train, so that could be where the few miles per hour are coming from

i also was playing with ideas of changing springs etc, so the limiter is set to 7800 there, not 7500. so ill adjust that and re run it