Fogdoggydog's Daihatsu YRV

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Kind of a pre-update post this one.

Now that uni is finished and I'm well rested from spending a couple of days watching 'Two and a Half Men' and playing Counter Strike, I now have time to devote to my beloved Dai.

First up is to finish the new front grill that I had been working on.

I forgot to take a pic of the grill in it's virgin state, but you'll be able to flip back to the first pictures and have a look.

So far I've cut out all the spars, filled in the notched left from the cutting, and started spraying. The primer is on, and tomorrow I'll get the painting finished.

halfcut2.jpg

notch.jpg

ponned.jpg

primed.jpg

In addition to the new grill, will be a new entertainment system - A PC.

Here's a piccy of random computer parts taken from an old PC system I had lying around, which will form the workings of the YRV-PC.

components.jpg

I'll be building myself a custom case made from a piece of perspex sheeting sitting in the garage, and mounting the PC in the boot of the car. The case will be in production next week hopefully.

I'll get more pics of the grill up once it's installed - hopefully by the end of the week.

So the grill is finished - at last.

finished.jpg

This looks an awful lot tidier than the full mesh get up I had on it before.

@ Idrees - I wish I could take the centre piece of the grill out, but due to the way the plastic is shaped, there is nothing below the oval as you can see from the (blurry) picture.

back.jpg

After I got the grill fitted, I'm in two minds about it. I think the car looked better from far away with the full meshed grill. But up close the mesh did look very tatty and untidy, so this new grill fixes that problem.

Here's the pose pictures:

pose1.jpg

pose2.jpg

pose3.jpg

• 4 months later...

The 'Hatsu is no longer under my ownership.

I will miss and always have fond memories of embarrassing little boy racers and yuppie executives with the underestimated, might mini-MPV, but the time has come to move on.

A moment's silence please...

yea bad times man, but your new car looks very smart (good times)

get some pics of the new model fired up

glad the sale went smoothly and if u want me to change any of your section title, subheading etc, just give me the nod