Fogdoggydog's Daihatsu YRV

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[update]

Today Phil's bro, Mark, kindly spared some of his time to work on the YRV.

We got the mesh in the grill and bumper sprayed black (which looks much better than the silver it was originally), repostioned the induction cone further forward and fitted a cold air feed. I also stuck a sexy wee aerial on the roof.

Below is the latest pics, taken from all sorts of mad angles...

P1010022.JPG

P1010023.JPG

P1010024.JPG

P1010025.JPG

P1010026.JPG

P1010027.JPG

P1010028.JPG

P1010029.JPG

P1010030.JPG

P1010031.JPG

P1010032.JPG

[/update]

Cheers guys!

I never got a black aerial for two reasons

1. The car is silver, and I'd be looking to colour code all the silly black parts like the aerial base, wing-mirror plates, washer jets, etc. anyway.

and B. It was an impulse buy and the shop didn't have black.

As for the scenery, I'm just glad it was a nice sunny day, otherwise that part of Larne is probably the dreariest, depressing place in the world.

watch it you snaps boy! it is a nice place to live, my gf lives up in them tharr hills!!

Phil.

Sings in The Automatic stylee:

*What's that coming over the hill, it's Phil's girlfriend, it's Phil's girlfriend!*

:rolleyes::p

Just messing Phil mon amigo, she looks lovely really ;)

That Black mesh looks way better mate, but resize the pics plz!

Yeah, the car looks a lot tidier with black mesh. The main problem with the silver mesh was that it dulled very easily and because it was mesh it was hard to keep clean.

Resize the pics? Sure the forum software resizes them to fit the screen anyway...

looks good mate. that smiley rock makes me piss every time. if you know who did it you should shake his hand from me.

for some reason it hasnt resized them.

they are fucking huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge! :lol:

Hmmm, odd. They are all shrunk and stuff on my screen with the option to view the full thing if you want.

Maybe the moderators know something about this!

If the admins allowed html in the posts i could create a php script to resize them automagically...

Apart from that I'll not be resizing them, because it's a full on mission to resize ALL my photo's in photoshop. Sorry guys.

• 4 weeks later...

After seeing

on youtube i decided to record my own 0-60 time.

It's def nothing special, and when I timed it - by using windows movie maker and splitting the actual 0-60 part - I only got 9.67secs! Perhaps due to the awful start?

If I decided to keep the whyarevee as a full on turbo-charged nutter project then this vid will serve as a nice 'before' comparison.

Once I get my uni dissertation out of the way I'll be getting my custom grill fitted and a Personal Computer fitted in the boot (which will no-doubt slow me down a bit more)!