Folding Mirrors

Hi, ;)

Last week I purchased a '99 model Glanza which has electric wing mirrors, but I noticed on some Glanza's that they have electric folding mirrors. If I wanted to convert my mirrors to electric folding, would I just need the mirrors themselves and the mirror controls switch with the retract button on? Would this be a simple case of plug and play, as I would have thought all Glanza's would have the extra wire allready in the connectors regardless of wether or not it was utilised by the parts being fitted? :)

Many thanks. :)

Elliot

Thanks chaps. :)

Mine's a very late '99 model, so maybe they didn't fit them to some of the later cars?

I'm going to swap over both mirrors and the switch for retractable units and will post up here with the outcome. :)

Elliot

• 3 months later...

Just to let people know if anyone else is in the same situation, you can just swap the electric folding mirrors over with the switch in the dash and they work fine.

As long as you have electric adjusting mirrors as standard, they are a straight swap. :mellow:

The folding mirrors I beleve are factory option and made for the Glanza, there not adapted off a different car. McCormick has electric mirrors that don't fold. And a mirror switch without the retract button.