coolant leak , possible causes ?

right i finally went td04 yesterday night so today i went to the petrol station drove 1 mile home pulled up and theres coolant everywhere , its coming from the long rad pipe that goes to the pump , what has caused this ? it could be the pipe is loose or something but if its not what other issues could it be ?

the overflow tank thingy has gone down a bit too and i took off the rad cap and the coolant was brimming then it went down again ? has it got too hot ?

and lastly should the fan blow or suck ? cause atm it sucks and if you put ya hand behind the fan when its on you can feel lots of hot air is this correct? i dont wana drive the car and it blow up lol

the fan is inside the engine bay on the back of the radiator :)

yeah when i fitted the rad i put coolant in the rad , let it run to temp then topped it up and filled the overflow bottle to full

so by the sounds of it my fans on backwards ?

Wait for the fan to kick in and see if it sucks or blows.

If its blowing then all you need to do is swap the two wires round to reverse it.

Oh and I have a 1.1bar rad cap on mine

i take it it blowing cause it feels like the heat is hitting my hand , so id say its blowing hot air into my hand from behind the rad :) so its probs wrong way round and over heated and pressurised and leaked a lil

Not so Sparky, yes you could change the polarity around, but think about the fan blade direction. :)

Was going to say the same myself, fans don't work as effectively both ways - I got a second hand rad with fan fitted on the engine side and assumed it should suck so that's the way I wired it up, however I've noticed the car getting hot when stood still even with the fan on. I checked last night and noticed the fan should be blowing - so someone bought the wrong fan (or put it on the worng side).

well just been for a blast pull up at garage and guess what ! still leaking :)

so whats the next suggestion ? i double checked all the hoses and retightened em up :) and still leaking argh!

haha but its as tight as it will go lol are the original clips any good ? cause if so ill whack one on

thats no where near tight by the looks of it mate, get another clip and swap them!