Painting Speedline Safari's

Hey. Got a set of black speedlines that i want to paint back to the original colour. Very sick of black. Haha.

Just wondering what i should use and steps that i should take? Also, if anyone knows the correct colour for the original wheel?

Never painted wheels before and would just like a few pointers as i see a lot of you have done a damn good job of painting yours.

Cheers

rough out all kerb marks etc with rougher paper like 240 grit then go down finer to like 600 grit mate then 800 wet......primer and then flat that back with wet 800 grit paper mate try n get as smooth as you can then paint and laqcuer give wheels few coats of both paint and primer and laqcuer mate. aint sure what colour it is mate....silver lol

preperation is the most important mate to get good finish

ste

grease monkeys right, preperation is everything. the slightest mark gets doubled when you put the paint on ( i learnt this from experience wen i did mine )

my only real advice is spent a good few days on sanding them back , making them as smooth as possible. make sure all the old paint i removed or it will show wen painting over the top. and when you laquer them dont be shy with it, concentrate on around the wheel nut holes and inside the spokes.

best tip i can say is take your time, lots of thin layers of paint with ample time to dry inbetween, i learnt the hard way and had to sand it back after i rushed the final layer of paint as i got impatient.

also dont apply laquer when the wheels are very cold (shouldnt be to much trouble in this temperature) but i did mine outside in feburary and it now looks like my wheels are made of china!! :) lol

£50 a wheel! Your going to the wrong place! £30 at the place that did my cage! and I was reckoning more like £80 to paint! But might be a bit off! Anyway I can see both sides have dine both in the past but would defiantly rather get them coated!

• 4 weeks later...

No where up here to get that done.

Anyway, i'm just going to try and sell them.

My mum and girlfriend are currently driving my car so i took them off before all the kerbing commenced!

Not sure if anyone on the club is interested?

No where up here to get that done.

Anyway, i'm just going to try and sell them.

My mum and girlfriend are currently driving my car so i took them off before all the kerbing commenced!

Not sure if anyone on the club is interested?

your car has the sr mudflaps doesn't it, might be intrested in them if your splitting?

your car has the sr mudflaps doesn't it, might be intrested in them if your splitting?

The mudflaps that are on it now is just a cheap set off ebay.

Can't find them on eBay. Might be worth something now. :) haha.

Keeping them on it cause it looks smart.

Sorry dude we weren't much help were we! Try having a read through this!

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3356

Huh

Rob

Thanks Rob, that is very handy. I'm not sure what to do really. I don't mean to be sexist here but my girlfriends driving aint the best and they would likely just get curbed so not much point in painting them. Got someone interested with the wheels. They are in middlesbrough though =/

The mudflaps that are on it now is just a cheap set off ebay.

Can't find them on eBay. Might be worth something now. :) haha.

Keeping them on it cause it looks smart.

Do you have a pic, was gonna order some from toyota but there's no picture on there system