Cable runs gown to a control switch

DSCF0734.jpg

Then we have this which i think is an earth wire

DSCF0732.jpg

and finially these 2 lone wires on the end

DSCF0733.jpg

So my question is

1) Is that first one an earth? im guessing it is but would like confirmation

2) Where do them 2 lone wires go. im guessing one needs a switch live for power but what about the other one.

sure someone on here will know :(

cheers in advance

steve

yo man, Why don't you connect this to an external power source 12v stuff. Don't connect it in the car untill you know where all the wires go.

Last thing you wanna do is fuck up the whole electronics on the car or blow fuses.

is hard to tell from the pics but looking at it id say,

1: is the earth due to the open hole lug on it and the colour.

2: the blue with red stripe is power.

3: the last wire is a lighting supply so needs to be on the supply for switching the lights on from the stalk.

im around 98% sure if it was me i would tape the earth to a car battery neg terminal and touch the down the blue with red stripe this should feed it with on/off/high/low what ever, then take it off and touch down the last cable and it should illuminate the switch unit just to confirm before install. if i lived closer id come do it for you steve as im a sparky so love messing about with stuff like this :lol: let me know how you get on :lol:

Right few more pics if this helps cause I've just tried taping the earth to the -ve and putting the wires on and not much happened. so after closer inspection of the wires I've noticed that the 2 lone wires are coming from different directions

The Blue and red wires coming from the main switch while the black and white ones coming from the unit

hope this helps things lol

DSCF0739.jpg

DSCF0738.jpg

The blue and red wire also had this crimp on the end of it if this helps

DSCF0740.jpg

that conector would go into another block prob on the heating system some how, try both white with black on the neg and just the blue with red on the live? im starting to think they are both earths maybe.

akyakapotter: dude you hold the key i think, any chance you can whip the car apart and trace them for us?

here you go mate here is the wireing of my working one few pics

IMG_05281.jpg

looks like its a fuse in the pic below

IMG_05291.jpg

then looks like it taps into the little fuse box inside the car the black wire with a splitter on it

IMG_05301.jpg

then goes right through the car drivers side to the unit

IMG_05311.jpg

hope this helps you out a little mate