fallen back in love with it

well like the title sez i have not been on here for a while and had so many plans for my starlet but they never really started, untill my misses told me to get on with it and she would help so we have started tidying it up taking dents out and re spraying pannels aswell as interior parts. Since i was last on here i now have lowered it 40mm on 15" jspls, had a straight through de cat system and just sorting it out inside out

Just a re cap then first got the car for £580 totally std

media.jpg

Then got it home and put my 17" alloys of my civic on it. (yea roller boot i no ha ha ha). The next day i cleaned it out opting for stripping it to do this rite. Removed all the sportif stickers and any other's apart from the front and rear chrome toyota badge.

starletwith17s.jpg

DSC03934.jpg

I then fitted the 15" Rota JSPL's inn white and some spax 40mm spring(untill i can get some coilover's that is) and removed the bump strips and not long after had a full manifold back system with de cat

santapod2006ultimatestreetcardisk3J.jpg

removingbumpstrips.jpg

asitisnow.jpg

this about the time thing's stopped untill this weekend we have made a start on the interior panels colour coding them to my alpine haed unit, allso removing dent's and ding's from the body and then we wet and dryed the whole car down with 2000grit W&D then Autoglym paint renovated it then Autoglym Superresin then Autoglym extraglos protected it it is so smooth and shiney now just need to stick to it.

DSC04012.jpg

DSC04018.jpg

DSC04024.jpg

DSC04027.jpg

DSC04031.jpg

Well i am a lot prouder of the Starlet now and have got into it again so i am going to keep tidying it up and fixing the body work i need a new bonnet and would love a front splitter then start to get on with all my other plans

DSC04044.jpg

DSC04045.jpg

DSC04046.jpg

DSC04047.jpg

Welcome back man! B)

Lots of photos there.

Its great that you are enthusiastic again with your starlet.

Some nice repair work going as well.

I also reckon a nice front splitter will look fantastic.

JSPLs look really tasty also B)

Please keep up the good work, we're looking forward to your next update.

How is the performance now that your exhaust system is completely straight through?

Your car has lots of potential B)

Joz

Welcome back mate!!!! B)

I like the sound of your new exhaust system, got any pics of the mani? and i take it it was a custom job?

Car is looking well now keep up the good work!!!!

Oh and i agree with dub-7 get clear indicators B)

Thank you all for your coment's about my starlet, i am going to keep the orange indicators on the car as i am into the jdm street racer look. runs through me like a stick of rock, i started with my last car my civic the hole dark tinted windows in the rear and plain and subtle outside with a few grafix,

Starletto_Joz just wondering and any help from any one else, What splitters would or should i get for my car i would like to get hold of an o.e.m one for it but what others look good. what can i get for the car and what looks good moddified to fit the car also a rear spoiler please help....

Sparky sorry my bad down pipe back system no mani yet. yea it is custom system straight through no boxes apart from back box, it has loosend the car up loads and revs a lot better, pulls a lot harder than before and the sound god it's loud stupid loud i am going to try and find one of them bung's for it there is no way i could go on a track with it....

SiCaln what do these rear lights look like i am interested ....

also i hate the interior most of it i no what i am doing however what seats fit do the older turbo ones or do any one make a direct fit bucket seat, is it hard to make them fit the starlet i just wont to be sat on the floor and held in well B)B) .....

like it alot mate.

we will be hopfully arranging a nottingham meet soon (not many of us from notts so just a mini meet!) if your intersted, when the weathers better though as its bloody freezing. take a few pics and stuff, should be cool.

keep up the good work.

just an update to show you all i have made my front indicators into runing lights aswell, we started by taking the indicators out to find a way to fit the side light holders in, looking at them on the botom is a drain hole all i did was drill this out to take the 501 (like the holder used in the headlight's) and wedge them in i just piggy backed them of the side light's, the running lights are only 5W so when the indicators flash at 21W they are still very visable.....

DSC00152.jpg

DSC00151.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

allso removing dent's and ding's from the body and then we wet and dryed the whole car down with 2000grit W&D then Autoglym paint renovated it then Autoglym Superresin then Autoglym extraglos protected it it is so smooth and shiney now just need to stick to it.

What doi you mean by wet and dry sanding the car down.can you do this to get all the minor blemishes out?does it came back to the original shine when you have finished?

ahaaa the wonderer returns good to see you back dude its a bout time :rolleyes: like i said to day you have done a spot on job on the wing just nedd a bonnet now!!! the running lights look cool too!

i think i turned up about now if i remeber correctly

DSC03934.jpg

really liking the look of that, id keep the orange lights though - and get the rear lights from a european model so that theyr symmetrical, because they have the reverse on the other side

you mean a bit like my sig mr sicaln???

What doi you mean by wet and dry sanding the car down.can you do this to get all the minor blemishes out?does it came back to the original shine when you have finished?

going from front to back so that to not put lines in the paint work (like swirls which show up a lot) the lines will flow with the car and follow its shape. i started of wet and drying the car with 1500 - 2000 grit wet and dry all over use lots of water and make shore the car is clean to start with. any surface contaminents will cause deep scratching be warned... you wet and dry untill you have flatted the paint back smooth untill the marks and blemishes have gone, wash the car down with washing up liquid this works well as a de greasent and will help rid you of all the paint dust's and then dry the car down. you will notice the car is very smooth to touch but scarally dull to look at, the next step was to use a mild T cut i use Autoglym paint renovator it is not as harsh as t cut and buff all the paint back up it will get smoother and smoother once you have done this you will start to see the shine come back pollish the car with a good pollish not a wax and watch the colour come back and shine, looks like new....

i would not swear it works on all colours def not metalics or pears because of the lacker but think of it as hand mopping your car but with better results be warned though dont get carried away because you dont womt to go through to the lacker, but it has always worked for me good results as i am shore rob bower will vouch for......

thats some rather coolDIY you'v done there, i like it!!!!

what do MOT and the fuzz have to say about runnin lights over here just outta interest???? are they legal ok yeah?

Phil.

P.s. @ rob. where is your reversin light dude?

i dont no there is no eligal light colour showing at the front of the car and when flashing they are more promenent due to wattage increase like the rear lights and when you put your brakes on [ass to be honest how ever a lot of import 200sx have them

This is a good section to check out if you're interested in front splitters > Splitters

You can pretty much modify any front splitter to fit, your limit is your imagination.

There was only one direct fit front splitter made for the ep91 na bumper and that is the tte splitter, its basically impossible to get so I would think of another type :rolleyes:

Here is the tte splitter as modelled by the nanglewagon and shell's bro's SR

DSCN0526.jpg

Ching.jpg

There have since been a series of other front splitters not shown in that thread that people have had on their cars.

Some custom and some from other cars.

Here's mine - Honda Civic Style

DSCN0323.jpg

Idree's custom special -

badged-1.jpg

I forgot to ask, what size piping is your exhaust ;)?

Hope this helps.

Joz

p.s If you want to check the latest pics of my ride, just click on my signature :p

why has no one made a replica tte front splitter there is a market for them out there :rolleyes:

They are so scarce, I only know of three owners/cars with them on.

You would need one in your hands to copy first.

Joz