Internal or external wastegate?

Hey guys, i'm pretty new on the forum, some of you may have read my build thread but im going for a TD04 setup, however need abit of advice weather to go internal or external wastegate. I've asked a few friends, been back and fourth, but still can't really make the decision.

Doing abit of research, most people say to avoid the cheap ebay stainless steel manifolds, however are the mildsteel ones still cheaply made?

So just wondering is it worth spending the extra money on the external gated setup, what are your views from your experience? Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

I think it's the Toyotsports Ebay manifolds you're on about? The CT9 ones are pants but the TD04 ones are meant to be okay according to a few members. Mild steel would have less chance of cracking so I'd go for that, but regardless of what type of steel, I'd get the manifold braced to support the weight of the turbo

Only thing I can comment on external wastegate is that I think externally gated kits hold boost better? And the only way to adjust boost pressure is to get a softer/stiffer wastegate spring or use an EBC

the ct9s have a very small wastegate, so for large boost applications you are better to go external gated to reduce creep.

I belive the td04 waste gate is better designed, and so will work fine as internally gated.

however, as always, better boost control and the chance of screamer pipe tempts a lot of people towards externally gated set ups.

from my understanding external wastegates are far better at controling boost however they cost more which is why some people go for internal. if u like to make a bit of noise external with a screamer cant be beat :) brings a smile to my face everytime