Hi my name's Si from Kent, just bought my second SR as a runaround, originally had one of these brand new in White back in 1998 and only had it for a short while, thought I would never find another one with all the original bits still attached. Have only cleaned it up slightly by adding clear front and side repeaters like I did with the white one. Have also attached a pic of my other ride

StarletSR.jpg

MX5.jpg

Welcome fella! You just won this on ebay right? Did you manage to haggle on the price you won it at? I'm jealous you still have the tte exhaust. I was desperately looking for a standard one too then I got one in black a couple of months back. The only thing is I have a remus instead of the tte now because I couldn't track down one! Have you got any plans to do to it? Its nice to see it still has the decals to, don't take them off no matter how faded they are, there's not enough standardish sr's out there.

Welcome along mate 2 nice motors there!

Thanks for that the MX is my baby and the SR will be my runaround

Welcome fella! You just won this on ebay right? Did you manage to haggle on the price you won it at? I'm jealous you still have the tte exhaust. I was desperately looking for a standard one too then I got one in black a couple of months back. The only thing is I have a remus instead of the tte now because I couldn't track down one! Have you got any plans to do to it? Its nice to see it still has the decals to, don't take them off no matter how faded they are, there's not enough standardish sr's out there.

Went to see a black one in Norfolk on Saturday, then came across the silver one on ebay managed to get the owner to let me view it on the Sunday before the auction finished on Monday so was lucky to get it.

Not got many plans for it as most of my spare cash goes on the MX. Have bought a personalized plate and some clear front and side indicators, tired to get some new decals but Toyota said that they have been discontinued so will be speaking to a local company to see if they can make some replica's as the front and back have totally gone but the sides are a little faded but not too bad, then the only other thing will be to upgrade the ageing head unit and to replace the standard speakers. Other than that she will be kept as she is.

Thanks for that the MX is my baby and the SR will be my runaround

Went to see a black one in Norfolk on Saturday, then came across the silver one on ebay managed to get the owner to let me view it on the Sunday before the auction finished on Monday so was lucky to get it.

Not got many plans for it as most of my spare cash goes on the MX. Have bought a personalized plate and some clear front and side indicators, tired to get some new decals but Toyota said that they have been discontinued so will be speaking to a local company to see if they can make some replica's as the front and back have totally gone but the sides are a little faded but not too bad, then the only other thing will be to upgrade the ageing head unit and to replace the standard speakers. Other than that she will be kept as she is.

I don't suppose you have the registration of your original white one, chances are she might have ended up in the hands of someone here.

Let me know how your sign making goes, was thinking of doing the same, but I'm scared they'll look totally different. Let me know how the speaker upgrade goes too because I was thinking of doing the same. I have a jvc double din due to the slot in the starlet, but I needed two adaptors to fit the thing, and I still can't pick up stereo!

I don't suppose you have the registration of your original white one, chances are she might have ended up in the hands of someone here.

Let me know how your sign making goes, was thinking of doing the same, but I'm scared they'll look totally different. Let me know how the speaker upgrade goes too because I was thinking of doing the same. I have a jvc double din due to the slot in the starlet, but I needed two adaptors to fit the thing, and I still can't pick up stereo!

My White car was S266 CPN the last time I saw it after it was sold was in Crowborough.

Will let you know how the graphic's go the company I use has done some previous stuff for me and they have always done me proud, fitted my new pioneer head unit today which was a doddle, just researching some speakers to fit the original holes looking at some Alpine's at the mo.

Have given her a real going over today as the previous owner didn't clean it or anything before I picked it up, have also given her a mini service as well, can't wait to get her on the road.

• 8 months later...

Hey all, just purchased my self a completely standard black sr (MinuesTTE exhaust!) Looking forward to making it my own! I was definately going to take the stickers off as they are a bit faded. But with regards to the double din stereo.... How easy are these to fit in the starlets? Regards Tom.