Hi guys. I phoned the garage up to book an MOT and explained to them that I should only need a basic idle test as my car is an L reg GT. The mechanic said that he wasn't sure without checking his paperwork and said if thats the case I need to take some sort of proof but what can I use??

Hi guys. I phoned the garage up to book an MOT and explained to them that I should only need a basic idle test as my car is an L reg GT. The mechanic said that he wasn't sure without checking his paperwork and said if thats the case I need to take some sort of proof but what can I use??

They should be able to find the info themselves using their emissions handbook or their online resource.

my local mot garage said i had to get a letter from toyota lol then i said cant u just check there handbook and they guy told he he didnt have to waste his time looking in the book because i hadnt book the mot yet :D

Tbh he didnt really seem to have a clue. Tried to tell me that only cars registered before 1992 didnt need a cat. Then I pushed him on it and he ended up saying to bring proof. Can't seem to find anything online.

Thanks Starbuck i'll probably say that when I go in although I don't want him thinking i'm being funny.

Just want the car MOT'd soon as I've got a mines ecu on the way:D